Posted on 2010-09-25, updated at 2010-09-26. By anonymous.
John Wiley & Sons Inc | 1984 | ISBN: 047190130X | 410 pages | PDF | 25 MB
Cable supported bridges in the form of suspension bridges and cable-stayed bridges are distinguished by their ability to overcome large spans. This book concentrates on the synthesis of cable supported bridges covering both design and construction aspects. The analytical part covers simple methods to quantify the different structural forms and allows a preliminary optimization of the main structure. Completely revised and updated, this second edition is justified by an accelerated pace of innovation within this field of bridge technology. It includes the latest advancements in wind tunnel testing and results of computer analyses. Numerous halftones and figures supplement the text.
I found what I wanted to know in bridges and cables I realy recomended to people who need discover the interaction and funcionality between superstructures and suspension and cables stayed sistems.
Summary: Good reference
This is a good reference for cable-supported bridges. It should be in the library of anyone designing or evaluating cable-supported bridges.
There are a few points I wish the author had addressed, such as a discussion of safety factors in main cables, durability of main cables as related to corrosion and wire breakage (there is a brief discussion of corrosion), and the role of cable bands in mitigating the effect of wire breakage.
Summary: Very helpful!!!
I found this book cery useful, it is well organized and if you read it very carefully it is easy to understand. The equations presented to obtain preliminary dimensions are very useful and wuite accurate. Also provides the concepts to design the cables and verify the design of them. It also has a few basic examples and graphics that help in the understandig of the theory.
This book basically it is based in the design of the cables, how and why they work in the bridges. If you are looking to understand the concept of cable supported bridges and get the basic equations and recomendations for its design this is the book. However if you want a recipie for designing this kind of bridges and don't knowing why or how it works, good luck.
Summary: The most complete book on cable supported bridges
If you work with cable-stay bridges or suspension bridges, this is the reference!. All the issues you'll find in your work are in the book . Prof. Gimsing is very clear and concise. Worth every buck you paid!
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 7415
- 2013-10-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design, 3rd edition (repost)
- 2012-05-17Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design (3rd edition)
- 2012-05-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design (3rd edition) [Repost]
- 2012-03-12Cable Supported Bridges - Concept and Design, 3 edition - Removed
- 2012-02-29Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design, 3 edition - Removed
- 2010-11-18Cable Supported Bridges - Concept and Design
- 2013-03-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concepts and Design (Repost)
- 2014-01-04Wind Effects on Cable-Supported Bridges - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-13DIGITALTUTORS UNITY MOBILE GAME DEVELOPMENT CONCEPT AND DESIGN TUTORIAL-kEISO
- 2013-11-10DigitalTutors Unity Mobile Game Development Concept And Design Training
- 2013-11-10DIGITALTUTORS - UNITY MOBILE GAME DEVELOPMENT CONCEPT AND DESIGN TUTORIAL-kEISO
- 2013-11-08DIGITALTUTORS - UNITY MOBILE GAME DEVELOPMENT CONCEPT AND DESIGN TUTORIAL-kEISO
- 2013-07-09Wind Effects on Cable-Supported Bridges
- 2012-04-08Digital-Tutors - Unity Mobile Game Development: Concept and Design
- 2012-04-05Digital-Tutors - Unity Mobile Game Development: Concept and Design
- 2012-01-16Digital Tutors - Unity Mobile Game Development: Concept and Design
- 2010-07-05Jiri Strasky - Stress Ribbon and Cable-Supported Pedestrian Bridges
- 2009-09-19Construction and Design of Cable-Stayed Bridges (Wiley Series of Practical Construction Guides)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.