Posted on 2010-09-25, updated at 2016-01-16. By anonymous.
John Wiley & Sons Inc | 1984 | ISBN: 047190130X | 410 pages | PDF | 25 MB
Cable supported bridges in the form of suspension bridges and cable-stayed bridges are distinguished by their ability to overcome large spans. This book concentrates on the synthesis of cable supported bridges covering both design and construction aspects. The analytical part covers simple methods to quantify the different structural forms and allows a preliminary optimization of the main structure. Completely revised and updated, this second edition is justified by an accelerated pace of innovation within this field of bridge technology. It includes the latest advancements in wind tunnel testing and results of computer analyses. Numerous halftones and figures supplement the text.
I found what I wanted to know in bridges and cables I realy recomended to people who need discover the interaction and funcionality between superstructures and suspension and cables stayed sistems.
Summary: Good reference
This is a good reference for cable-supported bridges. It should be in the library of anyone designing or evaluating cable-supported bridges.
There are a few points I wish the author had addressed, such as a discussion of safety factors in main cables, durability of main cables as related to corrosion and wire breakage (there is a brief discussion of corrosion), and the role of cable bands in mitigating the effect of wire breakage.
Summary: Very helpful!!!
I found this book cery useful, it is well organized and if you read it very carefully it is easy to understand. The equations presented to obtain preliminary dimensions are very useful and wuite accurate. Also provides the concepts to design the cables and verify the design of them. It also has a few basic examples and graphics that help in the understandig of the theory.
This book basically it is based in the design of the cables, how and why they work in the bridges. If you are looking to understand the concept of cable supported bridges and get the basic equations and recomendations for its design this is the book. However if you want a recipie for designing this kind of bridges and don't knowing why or how it works, good luck.
Summary: The most complete book on cable supported bridges
If you work with cable-stay bridges or suspension bridges, this is the reference!. All the issues you'll find in your work are in the book . Prof. Gimsing is very clear and concise. Worth every buck you paid!
- Ebooks list page : 7415
- 2016-01-26Cable Supported Bridges Concept and Design
- 2016-01-16Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design
- 2016-01-14Cable Supported Bridges Concept and Design
- 2013-10-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design, 3rd edition (repost)
- 2012-05-17Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design (3rd edition)
- 2012-05-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concept and Design (3rd edition) [Repost]
- 2010-11-18Cable Supported Bridges - Concept and Design
- 2013-03-12Cable Supported Bridges: Concepts and Design (Repost)
- 2015-01-20Housing Density - Inst. Of Arch. And Design HB2
- 2015-01-11Research in Art and Design Education: Issues and Exemplars (Reading in Art & Design Education) - Research In Art And Design Education: Issues And Exemplars
- 2015-01-05Housing Density - Inst. Of Arch. And Design HB2
- 2014-12-12Housing Density - Inst. Of Arch. And Design HB2
- 2008-03-14[share_ebook] Institution.of.Electrical.Engineers_-_Telecommunications.Network.Modelling.Planning.And.Design
- 2015-03-27Digital Tutors - Creating a Game Concept and Design Document
- 2015-03-18Digital Tutors - Creating a Game Concept and Design Document
- 2015-03-15Digital Tutors - Creating a Game Concept and Design Document
- 2015-01-23Digital Tutors - Creating a Game Concept and Design Document
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.