Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2011-04-12. By anonymous.
Publisher: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press | 2009 | ISBN: 067403306X | PDF | 668 pages | 10.6 MB
The Tang dynasty is often called China’s “golden age,” a period of commercial, religious, and cultural connections from Korea and Japan to the Persian Gulf, and a time of unsurpassed literary creativity. Mark Lewis captures a dynamic era in which the empire reached its greatest geographical extent under Chinese rule, painting and ceramic arts flourished, women played a major role both as rulers and in the economy, and China produced its finest lyric poets in Wang Wei, Li Bo, and Du Fu.
The Chinese engaged in extensive trade on sea and land. Merchants from Inner Asia settled in the capital, while Chinese entrepreneurs set off for the wider world, the beginning of a global diaspora. The emergence of an economically and culturally dominant south that was controlled from a northern capital set a pattern for the rest of Chinese imperial history. Poems celebrated the glories of the capital, meditated on individual loneliness in its midst, and described heroic young men and beautiful women who filled city streets and bars.
Despite the romantic aura attached to the Tang, it was not a time of unending peace. In 756, General An Lushan led a revolt that shook the country to its core, weakening the government to such a degree that by the early tenth century, regional warlordism gripped many areas, heralding the decline of the Great Tang.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...China's Cosmopolitan Empire: The Tang Dynasty (History of Imperial China)
Download Link 2
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "China's Cosmopolitan Empire: The Tang Dynasty (History of Imperial China)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 11244
- 2011-05-25China's Last Empire: The Great Qing (History of Imperial China)
- 2011-04-12China's Last Empire: The Great Qing (History of Imperial China)
- 2009-01-02The Mughal Empire (The New Cambridge History of India)
- 2013-07-19Lineages of Empire: The Historical Roots of British Imperial Thought (Repost)
- 2011-10-19The Business of Empire: The East India Company and Imperial Britain, 1756-1833
- 2011-06-05Lineages of Empire: The Historical Roots of British Imperial Thought (Proceedings of the British Academy)
- 2011-04-11Lineages of Empire: The Historical Roots of British Imperial Thought (Proceedings of the British Academy)
- 2010-01-30The Business of Empire: The East India Company and Imperial Britain
- 2009-12-19The Business of Empire: The East India Company and Imperial Britain, 1756-1833
- 2013-10-31The Cambridge History of China: Volume 7, The Ming Dynasty, 1368-1644 (repost)
- 2012-05-19The Zeppelin in Combat: A History of the German Naval Airship Division 1912-1918
- 2009-07-27The Culture of War in China: Empire and the Military under the Qing Dynasty (International Library of War Studies)
- 2009-01-15Empress Wu the Great: Tang Dynasty China
- 2008-12-06The Cambridge History of China: Volume 8, The Ming Dynasty, Part 2, 1368-1644
- 2008-12-06The Cambridge History of China: Volume 7, The Ming Dynasty, 1368-1644
- 2013-10-12Black against Empire: The History and Politics of the Black Panther Party
- 2013-09-17A Vertical Empire: The History of the Uk Rocket and Space Programme, 1950-1971 (Repost)
- 2013-07-28Iran: Empire of the Mind: A History from Zoroaster to the Present Day
- 2013-07-26The Everlasting Empire: The Political Culture of Ancient China and Its Imperial Legacy
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.