Posted on 2007-11-18. By anonymous.
Butterworth-Heinemann; 1 edition (October 19, 2006) | ISBN: 0750667923 | 296 pages | PDF | 6,8 Mb
Taking a starting point below that of GCSE level, by assuming no prior mathematical knowledge, Surinder Virdi and Roy Baker take the reader step by step through the mathematical requirements for Level 2 and 3 Building and Construction courses.
Unlike the majority of basic level maths texts available, this book focuses exclusively on mathematics as it is applied in actual construction practice. As such, topics specific to the construction industry are presented, as well as essential areas for Level 2 craft NVQs for example, costing calculations, labor costs, cost of materials and setting out of building components.
End of chapter exercises cover a range of theoretical as well as practical problems commonly found in construction practice, and two project-based assignments give students the opportunity to apply the knowledge they have gained. Answers to all exercises are included at the end of book. A chapter detailing the use of a scientific calculator for performing construction calculations will prove invaluable for students with no prior experience of their use.
Construction Mathematics addresses all the mathematical requirements of Level 2 construction NVQs from City & Guilds/CITB and Edexcel courses, including the BTEC First Diploma in Construction. Additional coverage of the core unit Analytical Methods from BTEC National Construction, Civil Engineering, and Building Services courses makes this an essential revision aid to students who do not have Level 2 mathematics experience before commencing their BTEC National studies, or any reader who wishes to refresh their mathematics knowledge.
Solutions to the assignments are available to lecturers only at http://textbooks.elsevier.com
* Focuses on construction topics not found in traditional technician-level mathematics textbooks - essential for students learning how to apply mathematics in building and construction
* Content matched to the learning outcomes of CITB / City & Guilds and Edexcel construction courses at Levels 2 and 3, including the core unit Analytical Methods for BTEC National, and the new VGCSE in Construction and the Built Environment
* Technically accurate construction images provide graphical representation of key construction scenarios in which mathematics topics are introduced
MIRROR : IceFile.com
- Ebooks list page : 1417
- 2010-06-10Construction Mathematics (Repost)
- 2007-09-04Construction Mathematics
- 2015-11-29Mathematics of Program Construction
- 2015-11-22Mathematics of Program Construction
- 2015-11-19Mathematics of Program Construction
- 2015-09-01Mathematics of Program Construction
- 2015-06-02Mathematics of Program Construction
- 2015-01-23Mathematics of Program Construction (Repost)
- 2015-01-10Proceedings of the Fifteenth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (Proceedings in Applied Mathematics) - ACM-SIAM Symposium
- 2015-01-05Steel Construction Manual - American Institute Of Steel Construction
- 2014-12-31Steel Construction Manual - American Institute Of Steel Construction
- 2014-12-28Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (Proceedings in Applied Mathematics) - ACM-SIAM Symposium
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.