Posted on 2016-08-06, by Limbo.
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Studio Archives (1969)
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young are a pioneering folk-rock / rock supergroup that formed from the ranks of three 1960s bands: Buffalo Springfield , The Byrds , and The Hollies . The band is primarily known for their four-part vocal harmonies. They have a strong association with the Woodstock Festival, having played their second ever gig there, and they are one of the few North American groups that rivaled The Beatles in popularity in the late 1960s and early 1970s. They are commonly referred to by their initials CSNY.
Artist: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young | Release: 1969 | Genre: Rock, Folk Rock | Quality: FLAC | Size: 445 MB
1 Everybody's Talkin' (CSN Version) 3:16
2 How Have You Been (CSN Version) 4:00
3 Black Queen Riff / Dialogue 1:10
4 Triad (Acoustic Studio Take) 5:40
5 Almost Cut My Hair (Acoustic Outtake) 4:44
6 Everyday We Live (Stills' Unreleased Song) 4:35
7 Sea Of Madness (Studio Take) 2:40
8 The Lee Shore (Diff. Vocal Take) 7:18
9 Everybody I Love You (Unedited Basic Track) 6:43
10 I'll Be There (Stills' Unreleased Song) 3:44
11 Blackbird (Takes 1-4) 9:00
12 Ivory Tower (Stills' Unreleased Song) 3:51
13 30 Dollar Fine (Stills' Unreleased Song) 4:49
14 Everybody's Been Burned (Nash Version) 4:23
15 You're Wrong Baby (Nash's Unreleased Song) 1:45
16 Everybody's Alone (Young's Unreleased Song, CSNY Version) 2:28
1. Everybody's Talkin' (Neil): CSN acoustic
Nice acoustic reading with strong Stills vocal and uncertain harmony from
Crosby. No Nash. Stills is using his dropped D tuning familiar from Suite
Judy Blue Eyes. Same session as 2 and probably 11.
Stills: lead vocal, acoustic guitar. Crosby: harmony vocal.
2. How Have You Been? (Sebastian): CSN acoustic
An acoustic performance from CSN, with exquisite 3 part harmonies and Stills
playing his dropped D acoustic. Sounds like the same session as 1 and
probably 11. Utterly fantastic.
Stills: lead vocal, acoustic guitar. Crosby: harmony vocal. Nash: harmony
3. studio chat
almost certainly a continuation of 3, with Crosby and Stills discussing
working with The Grateful Dead and Stills noodling on his acoustic,
including the riff from Black Queen
4. Triad (Crosby): Crosby solo
The arrangement is not quite as worked out as the 4-Way Street version, but
this is still wonderful.
Crosby: 12-string guitar, vocals
5. Almost Cut My Hair (Crosby): Crosby solo
With none of the power of the Deja Vu full band version. Nice, though.
6. Everyday We Live (Stills) : CSNY electric
Forgettable Stills song. Sounds like a "CSN" outtake, with lead guitar
similar to Pre-Road Downs. Backing vocals from Crosby and Nash, or possibly
Stills multi-tracked. In fact, Stills could play and sing everything here.
There are distinct gaps for guitar solos suggesting the track was never
Stills: double-tracked lead vocal, lead guitar. Other instrumentation: 2nd
guitar, organ, bass, drums, tambourine, backing vocals
7. Sea of Madness (Young): CSNY electric
Almost certainly a rehearsal take, beginning with a breakdown and a full
take from the 2nd verse onwards. Excellent guitar solo.
Young: vocals, guitar (?). Stills: lead guitar. Crosby: rhythm guitar. Other
instrumentation: organ (Nash?), bass, drums
8. The Lee Shore (Crosby): CSNY electric
This is the same as the version released on the CSN box set, but with a
different lead vocal from Crosby, and no harmony vocal from Nash (which was
apparently overdubbed in 1991)
Crosby: vocals, electric guitar. Stills (?): lead guitar . Young (?):
acoustic guitar/harmonica. Other instrumentation: bass, drums
9. You Can Dance Real Good (Stills): CSNY electric
Listed as an instrumental but sounding like a backing track waiting for
vocal overdubs. Very similar to Everybody I Love You.
Stills: lead guitar. Other instrumentation: 2nd guitar, organ, bass, drums
10. I'll Be There (Stills): CSNY electric
Another forgettable, unfinished Stills song.
Stills: lead guitar, vocals. Other instrumentation: organ, bass, drums.
11. Blackbird (McCartney/Lennon): CSN acoustic
Outtakes from "CSN" sessions. Four takes, the first a breakdown, the third
used on the CSN box set. Beautiful.
Stills: acoustic guitar, vocals. Crosby: harmony vocals. Nash: harmony
12. Ivory Tower (Stills): CSNY electric
Excellent Stills outtake, Stills can be identified on lead guitar and piano,
so this must have been overdubbed before being abandoned. The lyrics refer
to "ivory tower" (later used in Sugar Babe on Stephen Stills 2), and "the
treasure of the one" (later used in The Treasure on Manassas)
Stills: vocal, lead guitar, piano. Young (?): lead guitar. Other
instrumentation: bass, drums, tambourine.
13. $30 Fine (Stills): CSNY electric
Very much an outtake!
Stills: vocal, lead guitar. Crosby: rhythm guitar. Other instrumentation:
organ, bass, drums.
14. Everybody's Been Burned (Crosby): Nash solo acoustic
Nash's dour take on a song from The Byrd's Younger Than Yesterday album
Nash: acoustic guitar, vocals
15. You're Wrong Babe (Nash): Nash solo
Slight pop song.
Nash: organ, vocals
16. Everybody's Alone (Young): CSNY electric
A rare Neil song, only previously available as a solo acoustic recording for
KQED in January 1970, this is an excellent full band CSNY version.
Young: vocals, acoustic guitar. Stills: organ. Crosby: electric
rhythm guitar. Other instrumentation: bass, drums.
- Ebooks list page : 28506
- 2016-06-12Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Studio Archives (1969)
- 2009-11-24Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - The Guitar Collection (Guitar Tab Edition)
- 2014-02-21Crosby, Stills & Nash - Greatest Hits (2005)
- 2014-04-02Crosby, Stills And Nash - CSN (2013 Audio Fidelity) [FLAC]
- 2014-05-10Chicago - Studio Albums 1969-1978 (10CD Box Set) - 2012, FLAC
- 2014-05-08Chicago - Studio Albums 1969-1978 (10CD Box Set) - 2012, FLAC
- 2014-03-24Yes - The Studio Albums 1969-1987 Remastered & Expanded (2013)
- 2014-02-16Led Zeppelin - Studio Discography 1969-1982
- 2014-02-03Rare Earth - Fill Your Head - The Studio Albums 1969-1974 (3CD Box Set) - 2008
- 2014-01-29Neil Young - Discography 50CD 1969-2012
- 2011-12-02Pluralsight - Introduction to Visual Studio Tools for Office - Removed
- 2009-04-27VISUAL STUDIO MAGAZINE January 2009
- 2009-04-27VISUAL STUDIO MAGAZINE February 2009
- 2009-04-27VISUAL STUDIO MAGAZINE March 2009
- 2009-04-27VISUAL STUDIO MAGAZINE APRIL 2009
- 2016-09-15Young Guru Studio Guru Essential Drums Vol.1 WAV
- 2013-01-16The Stills-Young Band - Long May You Run -PDF
- 2013-01-12The Stills-Young Band - Long May You Run -PDF
- 2012-08-30John McLaughlin - Studio Albums Discography (Solo Albums) (1969-2008) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.