Posted on 2009-01-18. By anonymous.
Jossey-Bass | 2005 | ISBN: 0787981494 | Pages: 336 | PDF | 1.59 MB
It's commonplace to observe that the line between genius and mental illness is razor thin, and critics point to a long list of writers, artists and musicians—from William Blake to Sylvia Plath—as illustrations. Kottler, a professor of counseling at California State University, Fullerton, superficially probes the relationship between madness and creativity through 10 case studies of artists who are as famous for their mental instability as their work: Sylvia Plath, Judy Garland, Mark Rothko, Ernest Hemingway, Virginia Woolf, Charles Mingus, Vaslav Nijinsky, Marilyn Monroe, Lenny Bruce and Brian Wilson. An excellent storyteller, he uses these case studies to illustrate the loneliness, sensitivity and intensity that characterized the lives of these artists and the extent to which their personal traumas and psychological instability blossomed into creative genius. For example, he tells how Plath's contentious relationship with her mother and her tortured marriage to Ted Hughes drove her into depression and eventually suicide but also fueled her poetic genius. But the stories of these artists are already very well known, and Kottler offers no genuinely new insights. Moreover, he resorts to sophomoric and clichéd notions—"we are all a little crazy, some more than others," "creativity is thinking outside the box"—to explain the relationship between madness and creativity.
- Ebooks list page : 2198
- 2010-04-07Divine Madness: Ten Stories of Creative Struggle
- 2010-03-12Divine Madness: Ten Stories of Creative Struggle
- 2014-04-27Solving Problems with Design Thinking: Ten Stories of What Works (repost)
- 2014-01-12January First: A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-27Old Peter's Russian Tales by Arthur Ransome - Series 01 and 02 - Ten Stories - full-cast dramatisations
- 2013-11-12Solving Problems with Design Thinking: Ten Stories of What Works
- 2013-11-11Solving Problems with Design Thinking - Ten Stories of What Works
- 2013-11-09Solving Problems with Design Thinking - Ten Stories of What Works
- 2013-11-09Solving Problems with Design Thinking: Ten Stories of What Works
- 2013-11-04Solving Problems with Design Thinking: Ten Stories of What Works
- 2012-11-28Over to You: Ten Stories of Flyers and Flying (Audiobook)
- 2012-09-10January First: A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her
- 2011-09-25Da Vinci’s Bicycle: Ten Stories (New Directions Classics)
- 2010-01-04Working Women: Stories of Strife, Struggle and Survival
- 2012-02-14The Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns - Editors Of Creative Publishing
- 2012-01-18Singer New Sewing Essentials: Updated and Revised Edition - Editors Of Creative Publishing
- 2012-01-17Smart Guide: Trim, All New 2nd Edition: Step by Step (Home Improvement) - Editors Of Creative Homeowner
- 2012-01-16Homemade Solar Cells - CREATIVE SCIENCE (Author)
- 2012-01-13The Perfect Fit: The Classic Guide to Altering Patterns - Editors Of Creative Publishing
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.