Posted on 2014-03-25. By anonymous.
Raphaela Henze, Gernot Wolfram - Exporting Culture: Which role for Europe in a Global World?
Published: 2013-12-27 | ISBN: 3658019204 | PDF | 250 pages | 40 MB
Is European culture visible enough in the globalized world? Why is culture from this continent often perceived as ‘old-fashioned’ or even worse as ‘out-dated’? Is the export of national cultural products and services – in most European countries subsidized by the taxpayer – no longer relevant, or more relevant than ever before? Is it a huge waste of money, time, and effort or an attempt to create another form of globalization? Culture – in its broadest sense – is often viewed and accepted in ways that differ completely from those of other internationally traded goods. This might be one of the reasons why so many institutions, foundations and cooperations invest time, power, and money in cultural projects. Is this an exaggerated approach or an intelligent recognition of the genuine values of the 21st century – creativity and cultural sensitivity? These and several other questions concerning the export of culture are addressed by authors from different countries in order to initiate a debate about the role European cultural products and services are able to play globally.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 25747
- 2012-01-18Food and Health in Europe: A New Basis for Action (WHO Regional Publications European Series) - WHO Regional Office For Europe
- 2012-01-10Food and Health in Europe: A New Basis for Action (WHO Regional Publications European Series) - WHO Regional Office For Europe
- 2011-10-21Food and Health in Europe: A New Basis for Action (WHO Regional Publications European Series)
- 2011-05-24Injuries and Violence In Europe: Why they Matter and What Can Be Done (A EURO Publication)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Writing the Rules for Europe: Experts, Cartels, and International Organizations (Making Europe)
- 2016-12-28Sustainable Energy Policies for Europe Towards 100% Renewable Energy
- 2016-12-24Open Systems For Europe
- 2016-12-04Learning That Matters Revitalising Heathcote's Rolling Role for the Digital Age
- 2014-03-27BBC The Culture Show - Waiting for Gaga (2013)
- 2014-03-19Massive Change: A Manifesto for the Future of Global Design: A Manifesto for the Future Global Design Culture
- 2014-03-19Linguistic Justice for Europe and for the World (repost)
- 2014-03-12Against Thrift: Why Consumer Culture is Good for the Economy, the Environment, and Your Soul
- 2014-02-11The Transmission of Culture in Early Modern Europe (repost)
- 2014-02-08The Handbook of Bird Identification: For Europe and the Western Palearctic (repost)
- 2013-11-18The Politics of Culture: The Case for Universalism [Repost]
- 2013-10-18Food, Genes, and Culture : Eating Right for Your Origins
- 2013-10-17Food, Genes, and Culture: Eating Right for Your Origins
- 2013-08-19Razors Edge Show [ Islam for Europe, Bongo Bongo land, etc]
- 2013-07-14Rotten Heart of Europe: The Dirty War for Europe's Money (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.