Posted on 2010-09-14, updated at 2012-03-12. By anonymous.
New Age International (P) Ltd | 2006 | ISBN: 8122417922 | 536 pages | PDF | 2,2 MB
The book covers all topics considered essential for understanding the operation and design of Extra High Voltage AC (EHV AC) overhead lines and underground cables. EHV laboratory equipment and testing are fully covered together with application of digital recorders, fibre optics, etc. for impulse measurements. Includes theoretical analyses of all problems and many worked examples to clarify various concepts.
Preface to the Third Edition
It is nearly a decade since the publication of the Second Edition of this text-reference book
authored by me and needs a revision. No significant developments have taken place in the
basic theory and principles of e.h.v. transmission engineering, except for increase in
transmission-voltage levels, cables, magnitudes of power-handling capabilities, as well as of
course the cost of equipment and lines.
But two problems that need mentioning are: (1) harmonics injected into the system by
modern extensive use and developments in Static VAR systems which have an effect on control
and communication systems; and (2) effect on human health due to magnetic fields in the
vicinity of the e.h.v. transmission line corridor. The first one of these is a very advanced topic
and cannot be included in a first text on e.h.v. transmission engineering, as well as several
other topics of a research nature fit for graduate-level theses and dissertations. The second
topic is considered important enough from epidemiological point of view to necessitate
elaboration. Thus a new addition has been made to Chapter 7 under the title: Magnetic Field
Effects of E.H.V. Lines.
Since the date of publication of the first edition, the I.E.E.E. in New York has thought it
fit to introduce an additional transactions called I.E.E.E. Transactions on Power Delivery. The
author has expanded the list of references at the end of the text to include titles of significant
technical papers pertaining to transmission practice.
The author wishes to acknowledge the encouragement received from Sri. V.R. Damodaran,
Production Editor, New Age International (P) Ltd., for revising this text-reference book and
preparation of the Third Edition.
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 7263
- 2009-07-04Extra High Voltage AC Transmission Engineering
- 2013-07-12Transmission and Distribution Electrical Engineering, Third Edition (repost)
- 2012-12-08Transmission and Distribution Electrical Engineering, Third Edition (Repost)
- 2013-10-29Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Third Edition (repost)
- 2012-02-19Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Third Edition (Repost)
- 2011-02-18Digital Transmission Engineering, 2nd Edition (Repost)
- 2009-09-20Principles of Tissue Engineering, Third Edition (repost)
- 2009-06-13Materials for engineering, Third Edition (repost)
- 2012-04-22Anatomy, Histology, and Cell Biology PreTest Self-Assessment and Review, Third Edition by Robert Klein - Removed
- 2010-04-05Extra High Voltage A.C. Transmission Engineering
- 2012-05-17Fundamental Electrical and Electronic Principles, Third Edition - Removed
- 2011-12-13Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence: Third Edition - Committee On The Development Of The Third Edition Of The Reference Manual On Scientific Evidence
- 2011-10-06Reference Manual on Scientific Evidence: Third Edition free ebook download
- 2011-05-29Insights Into Wavelets: From Theory to Practice (third edition)
- 2010-08-13High Voltage Engineering, 2 Edition (repost)
- 2010-07-17Transmission and Distribution Electrical Engineering, Third Edition
- 2007-05-11Data Modeling Essentials, Third Edition (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Data Management Systems)
- 2013-11-02The Elements of Polymer Science & Engineering, Third Edition
- 2013-08-31The Biomedical Engineering Handbook, Third Edition (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.