Posted on 2011-08-11. By anonymous.
Facial Action Coding System (FACS)Hi Dears! If You Want download Facial Action Coding System (FACS) after clicking On Download Link(In Code Section), Please Wait For 5-8 Second. Then You Can Click On Skip Ads! Button.
Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
Size: 805.38 MB
Facial Action Coding System (FACS) is a system to taxonomize human facial expressions, originally developed by Paul Ekman and Wallace Friesen in 1976. It is a common standard to systematically categorize the physical expression of emotions, and it has proven useful to psychologists and to animators.
P. Ekman and W. Friesen. Facial Action Coding System: A Technique for the Measurement of Facial Movement. Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, 1978.
Using FACS, human coders can manually code nearly any anatomically possible facial expression, deconstructing it into the specific Action Units (AU) and their temporal segments that produced the expression. As AUs are independent of any interpretation, they can be used for any higher order decision making process including recognition of basic emotions, or pre-programmed commands for an ambient intelligent environment. The FACS Manual is over 500 pages in length and provides the AUs, as well as Dr. Ekman's interpretation of their meaning.
FACS defines AUs, which are a contraction or relaxation of one or more muscles. It also defines a number of Action Descriptors, which differ from AUs in that the authors of FACS have not specified the muscular basis for the action and have not distinguished specific behaviors as precisely as they have for the AUs.
For example, FACS can be used to distinguish two types of smiles as follows:
Insincere and voluntary Pan American smile: contraction of zygomatic major alone
Sincere and involuntary Duchenne smile: contraction of zygomatic major and inferior part of orbicularis oculi.
Although the labeling of expressions currently requires trained experts, researchers have had some success in using computers to automatically identify FACS codes, and thus quickly identify emotions. Computer graphical face models, such as CANDIDE or Artnatomy, allow expressions to be artificially posed by setting the desired action units.
The use of FACS has been proposed for use in the analysis of depression, and the measurement of pain in patients unable to express themselves verbally.
FACS is designed to be self-instructional. People can learn the technique from a number of sources including manuals and workshops, and obtain certification through testing. A variant of FACS has been developed to analyze facial expressions in chimpanzees.
P. Ekman and W. V. Friesen also developed EMFACS (Emotion Facial Action Coding System)  and FACSAID (Facial Action Coding System Affect Interpretation Dictionary)  which consider only emotion-related facial actions.
Codes for Action Units
See also: List of muscles in the human body#The muscles of the head
For clarification, FACS is an index of facial expressions, but does not actually provide any bio-mechanical information about the degree of muscle activation. Though muscle activation is not part of FACS, the main muscles involved in the facial expression have been added here for the benefit of the reader.
Action Units (AUs) are the fundamental actions of individual muscles or groups of muscles.
Action Descriptors (ADs) are unitary movements that may involve the actions of several muscle groups (e.g., a forward-thrusting movement of the jaw). The muscular basis for these actions hasn't been specified and specific behaviors haven't been distinguished as precisely as for the AUs.
For most accurate annotation, FACS suggests agreement from at least two independent certified FACS encoders.
 Intensity Scoring
Intensities of FACS are annotated by appending letters A-E (for minimal-maximial intensity) to the Action Unit number (e.g. AU 1A is the weakest trace of AU 1 and AU 1E is the maximum intensity possible for the individual person).
C Marked or Pronounced
D Severe or Extreme
I am always adding new things, so check this account often.
Buy premium account and you can download up to 100 Mbps / Unlimited maximum parallel downloads / Instant download without waiting
Thank you's are appreciated!
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
Related Archive Books
- 2011-08-11Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Facial Action Coding System (FACS)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 12877
- 2013-05-10What the Face Reveals: Basic and Applied Studies of Spontaneous Expression Using the Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
- 2012-09-25Paul Ekman - Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
- 2012-02-16Facial Action Coding System (FACS)
- 2011-11-11Facial Action Coding System (FACS) by Paul Ekman
- 2011-09-29What the Face Reveals: Basic and Applied Studies of Spontaneous Expression Using the Facial Action Coding System (FACS) (Series in Affective Science)
- 2011-12-27Paul Ekman Facial Action Coding System( ISO PDF)
- 2011-12-24Paul Ekman Facial Action Coding System Books'
- 2011-12-21Paul Ekman Facial Action Coding System Books | ISO PDF | 657 MB
- 2011-12-18Paul Ekman Facial Action Coding System Books
- 2011-09-20Facial Action Coding System 2002 - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-09-17Facial Action Coding System 2002
- 2010-08-15Facial Action Coding System: The Manual on CD-ROM & Investigator's Guide
- 2007-12-08What the Face Reveals: Basic and Applied Studies of Spontaneous Expression Using the Facial Action Coding System
- 2010-09-02Coding System by Paul Ekman [FACS]34
- 2013-08-23Neural Control of Space Coding and Action Production (PDF)
- 2013-08-19Neural Control of Space Coding and Action Production (PDF)
- 2013-08-17Neural Control of Space Coding and Action Production (PDF)
- 2013-08-07Future Search: Getting the Whole System in the Room for Vision, Commitment, and Action
- 2013-05-16Action to Language via the Mirror Neuron System
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.