Posted on 2009-08-23, updated at 2014-08-15. By anonymous.
language: english | genre: audiobook | iTunes optimized
Review: "Orwell's best-known work ... Reader: Richard Brown... successfully captures Orwell's hard-bitten cynicism." -- Audio File
Orwell depicts a gray world dominated by Big Brother and its vast network of agents, including the Thought Police, quashing freedom in a totalitarian world in which news is manufactured according to the authorities’ will and people live tepid lives by rote.
Winston Smith, the hero with no heroic qualities, longs only for truth and decency. But living in a social system in which privacy does not exist and where those with unorthodox ideas are brainwashed or put to death, he knows there is no hope for him.
The year 1984 has come and gone, yet George Orwell’s nightmare vision in 1949 of the world we were becoming is still the great modern classic of negative Utopia.
* Audio CD (November 2004)
* Language: english
* Genre: Audiobook
* Publisher: Blackstone Audiobooks; Unabridged edition
* ISBN-10: 0786183926
* ISBN-13: 978-0786183920
join with split&concat
or join with HJsplit
no mirrors please!
- Ebooks list page : 3367
- 2011-12-12[share_ebook] Down and Out in Paris and London [AudioBook] - George Orwell
- 2009-11-04George Orwell - Animal Farm - (Unabridged Edition 2004)
- 2012-03-18George Orwell - Burmese Days
- 2011-05-30[share_ebook] The Complete Novels of George Orwell
- 2011-03-04George orwell - 1984
- 2010-06-01George Orwell - 1984 & Animal Farm
- 2010-02-25George Orwell - 1984
- 2010-02-04[RS] George Orwell - 1984
- 2009-08-01George Orwell - 1984
- 2007-12-01George Orwell - 1984
- 2007-06-25George Orwell - 1984
- 2007-06-16George Orwell - 1984
- 2015-07-16Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell (Audiobook)
- 2015-05-23George Orwell's 1984
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.