Posted on 2007-06-15, updated at 2013-02-23. By anonymous.
A lot of computer-security textbooks approach the subject from a defensive point of view. “Do this, and probably you’ll survive a particular kind of attack,” they say. In refreshing contrast, Hacking Exposed, Second Edition talks about security from an offensive angle. A Jane’s-like catalog of the weaponry that black-hat hackers use is laid out in full. Readers see what programs are out there, get a rundown on what the programs can do, and benefit from detailed explanations of concepts (such as wardialing and rootkits) that most system administrators kind of understand, but perhaps not in detail. The book also walks through how to use the more powerful and popular hacker software, including L0phtCrack. This new edition has been updated extensively, largely with the results of “honeypot” exercises (in which attacks on sacrificial machines are monitored) and Windows 2000 public security trials. There’s a lot of new stuff on e-mail worms, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, and attacks that involve routing protocols.
The result of all of this familiarity with bad-guy tools is a leg up on defending against them. Hacking Exposed wastes no time in explaining how to implement the countermeasures–where they exist–that will render known attacks ineffective. Taking on the major network operating systems and network devices one at a time, the authors tell you exactly what Unix configuration files to alter, what Windows NT Registry keys to change, and what settings to make in NetWare. They spare no criticism of products with which they aren’t impressed, and don’t hesitate to point out inherent, uncorrectable security weaknesses where they find them. This book is no mere rehashing of generally accepted security practices. It and its companion Web site are the best way for all of you network administrators to know thine enemies. –David Wall
Security vulnerabilities of operating systems, applications, and network devices
Administrative procedures that will help defeat them
Techniques for hacking Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Novell NetWare, and Unix
Strategies for breaking into (or bringing down) telephony devices, routers, and firewalls
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...H a c k i n g Exposed 5th Edition
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "H a c k i n g Exposed 5th Edition" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 711
- 2013-10-28Hacking Exposed, 5th Edition: Network Security Secrets And Solutions (Repost)
- 2012-01-19Stuart McClure, "Hacking Exposed 5th Edition: Network Security Secrets And Solutions"(Repost) - Removed
- 2011-10-28[share_ebook] Hacking Exposed 5th Edition
- 2010-09-04Hacking Exposed 5th Edition: Network Security Secrets And Solutions (Repost)
- 2010-03-03Hacking Exposed, 5th Edition
- 2010-03-03Hacking Exposed, 5th Edition
- 2009-05-10[share_ebook] Hacking Exposed 5th Edition
- 2008-12-06Hacking Exposed 5th Edition - Removed
- 2008-11-24Hacing Exposed 5th Edition
- 2008-11-24Hacking Exposed 5th Edition Mirrors
- 2007-11-26Hacking Exposed, 5th Edition
- 2007-07-11Hacking Exposed: 5th Edition
- 2013-12-02Programming Interviews Exposed, 3rd Edition - eazydoc.com
- 2013-12-02Hacking Exposed, 6th Edition - eazydoc.com
- 2013-07-16Hacking Exposed, 6th Edition - Removed
- 2013-07-16Programming Interviews Exposed, 3rd Edition
- 2013-04-25Programming Interviews Exposed 3rd Edition [Publication Date: November 13, 2012]
- 2013-01-18Wiley - Programming Interviews Exposed 3rd Edition 2012 RETAiL eBOOk-rebOOk
- 2013-01-18Programming Interviews Exposed, 3rd Edition
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.