Posted on 2007-10-23, updated at 2008-07-10. By anonymous.
I'm OK, You're OK
Number Of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 1976-04-01
Sales Rank: 279932
ISBN / ASIN: 038000772X
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
Average Rating: 4
"Happy childhood" notwithstanding, most of us are living out the NOT OK feelings of a defenseless CHILD wholly dependent on OK others for stroking and care. By the third year of life, says Dr. Harris, most of us have made the unconscious decision I'M NOT OK-YOU'RE OK. This negative Life Position, shared by successful and unsuccessful people alike, contaminates our rational ADULT potential -- leaving us vulnerable to the inappropriate, emotional reactions of our CHILD and the uncritically learned behavior programmed into our PARENT.
In personal Transactions, NOT OK people resort to harmful withdrawal, rituals, activities, pastimes, and games for getting needed strokes while avoiding painful intimacy with people they see as OK.
Dr. Thomas A. Harris's pioneering work in Transactional Analysis has had a fundamental impact on our understanding of interpersonal behavior. In showing us how to make the conscious decision I'M OK-YOU'RE OK, he has helped millions of despairing people find the freedom to change, to liberate their ADULT effectiveness, and to achieve joyful intimacy with the people in their lives.
I'm OK--You're OK is OK
Learning about the critical parent and the nurturing parent were helpful concepts. The rest of the book was just OK.
I;m ok-You're Ok
This book was ship fast and in great shape, it very interesting
how as a child one is train to think from every word or action our
Thank you for your prompt service in shipping your orders.
Thomas Harris' book is on my top five list of books dealing with how to live a full and complete life. In an age when self-esteem is a major problem for so many people Harris has given a useful, easily understood, and applied solution. In this book he talks of the four options for our life stance, and then develops in a very convincing way why I'm OK-You're OK is the most reasonable, rational choice. In my counseling practice spanning 35 years this was the book I most frequently recommended.
Bob Pavelsky, Ph.D.
- 2008-12-06I'm OK, You're OK
- Ebooks list page : 1350
- 2012-05-16Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You
- 2012-04-05Peter Navarro,When the Market Moves, Will You Be Ready? - Removed
- 2012-02-18Making Capitalism in China: The Taiwan Connection - You-tien Hsing
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2011-11-1923 boats You Can Build
- 2011-11-02Electrical Engineering 101, Second Edition: Everything You Should Have Learned in School...but Probably Didn't
- 2011-10-19"101 Really Important Things You Already Know, But Keep Forgetting" by Ernie J. Zelinski
- 2011-08-27Imaginations: More Than You Think
- 2008-02-21Penelope Cruz - You Magazine - February 2008
- 2016-06-26You Know Solar Eclipse? v1.0.3
- 2016-06-24You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger 2010 720p BluRay H264 AAC-RARBG
- 2016-06-24Now You See Me 2 (2016) HDCAM x264 AAC-HYdRO
- 2016-06-24Now You See Me 2 (2016) HDCAM x264 AAC-iRENka
- 2016-06-24Now You See Me 2013 Extended Cut 1080p BRRip x264 AAC-ETRG
- 2016-06-24Famously Single S01E02 Wo Do You Think You Are HDTV x264-MEGATV
- 2016-06-24TrueFire - 30 Mojo Rhythms You Must Know with Shane Theriot (2016)
- 2016-06-24Are You The One S04E02 HDTV x264-NY2
- 2016-06-24Marc Schoen - Your Survival Instinct Is Killing You Retrain Your Brain to Conquer Fear and Build Res...
- 2016-06-24Now You See Me 2013 Extended Cut 720p BRRip x264 AAC-ETRG
- 2016-06-23Now You See Me 2 (2016) English HDCAM x264-KatmovieHD
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.