Posted on 2010-11-25. By anonymous.
Cognos Report Studio is widely used for creating and managing business reports in medium to large companies. It is simple enough for any business analyst, power user, or developer to pick up and start developing basic reports. However, when it comes to developing more sophisticated, fully functional business reports for wider audiences, report authors will need guidance.
This book helps you understand and use all the features provided by Report Studio to generate impressive deliverables. It will take you from being a beginner to a professional report author. It bridges the gap between basic training provided by manuals or trainers and the practical techniques learned over years of practice.
This book covers all the basic and advanced features of Report Authoring. It begins by bringing readers on the same platform and introducing the fundamental features useful across any level of reporting. Then it ascends to advanced techniques and tricks to overcome Studio limitations.Develop excellent reports using dimensional data sources by following best practices that development work requires in Report Studio. You will also learn about editing the report outside the Studio by directly editing the XML specifications.
Learn techniques and hacks to make the best out of your Cognos 8 Report Studio
Over 80 great recipes for taking control of Cognos 8 Report Studio
* Learn advanced techniques to produce real-life reports that meet business demands
* Tricks and hacks for speedy and effortless report development and to overcome tool-based limitations
* Peek into the best practices used in industry and discern ways to work like a pro
* Part of Packt�s Cookbook series-each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
What you will learn from this book
* Learn basic and advanced options around sorting, filtering, and aggregation of data
* Explore the powerful features of Report Studio-Conditional Formatting, Cascaded Prompts, Master-Detailed queries, and more
* Achieve real business demands such as dynamic drill-though links, showing tooltips, minimum column width, prompt manipulation, and merged cells
* Learn to edit reports outside Report Studio using XML editing
* Develop sophisticated printer friendly reports
* Overcome tool limitations such as row level formatting, timing report execution, handling missing images, and so on
* Learn tips on report development time
* Introduce best practices such as inserting comments, regression testing, and version controlling in your reports
* Enhance the features of Report Studio by using macros
* Work with dimensional models (DMRs and Cubes)
Written in cookbook style, this book offers learning and techniques through recipes. It contains step-by-step instructions for Report Studio 8 users to author effective reports. The book is designed in such a way that you can refer to things chapter by chapter, and read them in no particular order.
You will see a new fictional business case in each recipe that will relate to a real-life problem and then you will learn how to crack it in Report Studio.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Business Intelligence or MIS Developer (programmer) working on Cognos Report Studio who wants to author impressive reports by putting to use what this tool has to offer, this book is for you. You could also be a Business Analyst or Power User who authors his own reports and wants to look beyond the conventional features of Report Studio 8.
This book assumes that you can do basic authoring, are aware of the Cognos architecture, and are familiar with Studio.
About the Author
Abhishek Sanghani has worked as a Cognos developer and consultant with multinational companies in private sector. He is currently working with a leading media company based in London. He began his career in 2004 and earned many awards for his performance and certifications in the field of Business Intelligence. He has an extensive experience of building reporting solutions using Cognos tools over various databases and schemas; including data warehouses, operational systems, and multi-dimensional cubes. He also writes a blog in his spare time and takes on-demand training classes.
* Paperback: 272 pages
* Publisher: Packt Publishing (June, 2010)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1849680345
* ISBN-13: 978-1849680349
* File Size: 7.3 MiB
- Ebooks list page : 8547
- 2016-01-28IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2016-01-22IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2016-01-21IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-12-15IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-11-03IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-10-26IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-08-16IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-07-06IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-07-05IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-07-02IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-06-23IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-04-13IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition)
- 2015-04-10IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook (2nd edition) (Repost)
- 2014-11-09IBM Cognos 8 Report Studio Cookbook
- 2014-09-27IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook, 2nd edition
- 2014-02-15IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook, 2nd edition
- 2014-02-03IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio Cookbook, 2nd edition
- 2013-12-23IBM Cognos 8 Report Studio Cookbook
- 2013-07-16IBM Cognos 8 Report Studio Cookbook
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.