Posted on 2008-05-13, updated at 2011-11-27. By anonymous.
Oxford University Press, USA | 1995-10-19 | ISBN: 0195086066 | 408 pages | PDF | 21,7 MB
Designed to provide a nonmathematical introduction to biostatistics for medical and health science students, graduate students in the biological sciences, physicians, and researchers, this text explains statistical principles in non-technical language and focuses on explaining the proper scientific interpretation of statistical tests rather than on the mathematical logic of the tests themselves.
Intuitive Biostatistics covers all the topics typically found in an introductory statistics text, but with the emphasis on confidence intervals rather than P values, making it easier for students to understand both. Additionally, it introduces a broad range of topics left out of most other introductory texts but used frequently in biomedical publications, including survival curves. multiple comparisons, sensitivity and specificity of lab tests, Bayesian thinking, lod scores, and logistic, proportional hazards and nonlinear regression.
By emphasizing interpretation rather than calculation, this text provides a clear and virtually painless introduction to statistical principles for those students who will need to use statistics constantly in their work. In addition, its practical approach enables readers to understand the statistical results published in biological and medical journals.
- Ebooks list page : 1694
- 2012-11-03Intuitive Biostatistics: A Nonmathematical Guide to Statistical Thinking by Harvey Motulsky (PDF) - Removed
- 2009-01-13Intuitive Biostatistics
- 2012-03-08Understanding Asset Allocation: An Intuitive Approach to Maximizing Your Portfolio
- 2014-07-07Unlocking Your Intuitive Power: How to Read the Energy of Anything
- 2014-06-28Unlocking Your Intuitive Power: How to Read the Energy of Anything
- 2014-06-27Distributed Algorithms: An Intuitive Approach
- 2014-06-16Robust Methods in Biostatistics
- 2014-06-15Statistical Modelling in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics: Selected Papers
- 2014-06-14Robust Methods in Biostatistics
- 2014-06-14Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th edition
- 2014-06-10Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th edition
- 2014-06-08Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th edition
- 2014-06-05Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences, 10th edition (repost)
- 2014-04-29Recent Advances in Biostatistics: False Discovery Rates, Survival Analysis, and Related Topics (repost)
- 2014-04-19What Is Relativity?: An Intuitive Introduction to Einstein's Ideas, and Why They Matter
- 2014-04-18Biostatistics For Dummies
- 2014-04-12Fundamentals of Biostatistics (5th edition) [Repost]
- 2014-04-04SPRINGER INTRODUCTION TO DATA ANALYSIS AND GRAPHICAL PRESENTATION IN BIOSTATISTICS WITH R 2014 RETAIL EBOOK-kE
- 2014-03-20Solutions Manual to Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.