Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2008-06-27, updated at 2015-09-09. By anonymous.
Princeton University Press | 2000-03-15 | ISBN: 0691050627 | 312 pages | DjVu | 2,5 MB
Shiller credits an unprecedented confluence of events with driving stocks to uncharted heights. He analyzes the structural and psychological factors that explain why the Dow Jones Industrial Average tripled between 1994 and 1999, a level of growth not reflected in any other sector of the economy. In contrast to many analysts, Shiller stresses circumstances that alter investors' perceptions of the market. These include the entry of the Internet into American homes, the misimpression that the aging of the baby-boom generation builds long-term protection into the market, and herd behavior, such as day-trading. He also examines cultural factors, including sports-style media coverage of the Dow's ups and downs and "new era" thinking about the economy. He considers--and challenges--efforts to rationalize exuberance that are based on either efficient-markets theory, narrowly construed, or the claim that investors have only recently learned the true value of the market.
In the most controversial portion of the book, Shiller cautions that a market that is overvalued by historical standards is inherently precarious. Among his prescriptions is an urgent plea to immediately end what he argues are perilous schemes to privatize social security in favor of plans to reform it. He also argues that private pension plans that encourage many people to put their entire retirement funds in the stock market should be modified. And he calls on our savings and investment institutions to take more sensible account of emerging risk-management principles. Shiller's analysis is convincingly documented, and--regardless of the market's future behavior--his book will stand as an important elaboration of why stocks soared and what our investment alternatives are.
Irrational Exuberance is a must-read for pension-plan sponsors and endowment managers in the United States and abroad. It will also be studied by investment advisers, policy makers, and anyone from Wall Street to Main Street who doesn't want to be caught sitting on the speculative bubble if (or when) it bursts.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
- Ebooks list page : 1759
- 2015-11-18Irrational Exuberance 3rd edition
- 2015-11-15Irrational Exuberance, 3rd edition
- 2015-09-09Irrational Exuberance
- 2015-06-16Irrational Exuberance 3rd edition
- 2015-06-13Irrational Exuberance, 3rd edition
- 2015-06-03Irrational Exuberance
- 2015-04-12Irrational Exuberance, 3rd edition
- 2015-03-31Irrational Exuberance, 3rd edition
- 2015-03-27Irrational Exuberance 3rd edition
- 2015-03-25Irrational Exuberance 3rd edition
- 2015-01-21Irrational Exuberance (repost)
- 2013-05-28Irrational Exuberance (Second Edition)
- 2011-04-22[request_ebook] Irrational Exuberance, 2nd edition
- 2010-11-23Irrational Exuberance By Robert J. Shiller
- 2016-02-04The Irrational Bundle Predictably Irrational, the Upside of Irrationality, and the Honest Truth Abou...
- 2016-02-01Irrational Man (2015) 1080p BluRay x264 DTS-JYK - Removed
- 2016-02-01Irrational Man (2015) 1080p BRRip x264 DTS-JYK - Removed
- 2016-01-31Irrational Man (2015) 1080p BRRip x264 DTS-DOCUMENT
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.