Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2008-06-27, updated at 2009-06-16. By anonymous.
Princeton University Press | 2000-03-15 | ISBN: 0691050627 | 312 pages | DjVu | 2,5 MB
Shiller credits an unprecedented confluence of events with driving stocks to uncharted heights. He analyzes the structural and psychological factors that explain why the Dow Jones Industrial Average tripled between 1994 and 1999, a level of growth not reflected in any other sector of the economy. In contrast to many analysts, Shiller stresses circumstances that alter investors' perceptions of the market. These include the entry of the Internet into American homes, the misimpression that the aging of the baby-boom generation builds long-term protection into the market, and herd behavior, such as day-trading. He also examines cultural factors, including sports-style media coverage of the Dow's ups and downs and "new era" thinking about the economy. He considers--and challenges--efforts to rationalize exuberance that are based on either efficient-markets theory, narrowly construed, or the claim that investors have only recently learned the true value of the market.
In the most controversial portion of the book, Shiller cautions that a market that is overvalued by historical standards is inherently precarious. Among his prescriptions is an urgent plea to immediately end what he argues are perilous schemes to privatize social security in favor of plans to reform it. He also argues that private pension plans that encourage many people to put their entire retirement funds in the stock market should be modified. And he calls on our savings and investment institutions to take more sensible account of emerging risk-management principles. Shiller's analysis is convincingly documented, and--regardless of the market's future behavior--his book will stand as an important elaboration of why stocks soared and what our investment alternatives are.
Irrational Exuberance is a must-read for pension-plan sponsors and endowment managers in the United States and abroad. It will also be studied by investment advisers, policy makers, and anyone from Wall Street to Main Street who doesn't want to be caught sitting on the speculative bubble if (or when) it bursts.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
- Ebooks list page : 1759
- 2013-05-28Irrational Exuberance (Second Edition)
- 2011-04-22[request]Irrational Exuberance, 2nd edition
- 2010-11-23Irrational Exuberance By Robert J. Shiller
- 2017-01-16Talking to Crazy: How to Deal with the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Irrational Modernism: A Neurasthenic History of New York Dada
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Rational Suicide, Irrational Laws: Examining Current Approaches to Suicide in Policy and Law (American Psychology-Law Society Series)
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The Predictably Irrational Low Price CD [Audiobook]
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Predictably Irrational, Revised and Expanded Edition: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- 2016-12-07Talking to Crazy How to Deal with the Irrational and Impossible People in Your Life
- 2016-12-04Finance and the Behavioral Prospect Risk, Exuberance, and Abnormal Markets
- 2016-11-30Predictably Irrational The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions Dan Ariely
- 2016-11-24Romesh Ranganathan Irrational Live 2016 DVDRip x264-HAGGiS
- 2016-10-13Dan Ariely - A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behavior
- 2016-07-22Irrational Man (2015) 1080p BluRay H264 AAC-RARBG
- 2014-06-06Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- 2014-05-17Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions
- 2014-05-17Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity
- 2014-05-17Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity - Removed
- 2014-05-09Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.