Posted on 2009-02-22. By anonymous.
Springer | 2008-12-10 | ISBN: 0387094601 | 192 pages | PDF | 10,5 MB
The focus of this book is to introduce the novice to the art of meteor observing. It explains in straightforward language how best to view meteor activity under a variety of conditions, regardless of the observer’s location. Instead of focusing on just one region in the world, the book includes observing conditions for four different regions; high northern latitudes, low northern latitudes, equatorial regions, and low southern latitudes. The observing conditions for each meteor shower are vastly different from these regions and this book would be valuable to any potential observer from Australia to Alaska. This will be a valuable tool for all observers, regardless of their experience level – and even those located in the southern hemisphere and the tropical areas of the world.
The calendar chapters list activity as it occurs throughout the year. The list is limited to showers that the amateur observer can actually see (some sources list radiants that are impossible to observe without photographic or video methods). Not only are the annual showers discussed, but the random sporadic meteor activity is also included for each region. This is important, as there are many more nights throughout the year when the sporadic background will provide more activity than that provided by the annual showers!
Meteors, and How to Observe them contains many pictures of actual meteors against the stellar background, instead of (often-confusing) star charts. It presents meteor shower activity throughout the year in an appealing calendar-like format.
Since fireballs are often the first experience many have with meteors (or even astronomy), this topic is discussed in detail, and includes fireball activity as it occurs throughout the year. While much of this activity is unpredictable, there are certain periods when the observer has a much better chance of seeing one of these spectacular events.
Finally, the ultimate goal of this book is to kindle (or re-kindle) an interest in viewing meteor activity up to a level where the observer can effectively contribute to our knowledge of the subject by holding systematic observing sessions that accurately list the meteor activity observed in a particular night.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Meteors and How to Observe Them
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Meteors and How to Observe Them" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 2385
- 2011-10-24[share_ebook] Successful Houses And How To Build Them
- 2013-10-22Artificial Satellites and How to Observe Them
- 2013-10-21Faint Objects and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- 2013-04-02Peter Grego, "Venus and Mercury, and How to Observe Them" (repost)
- 2013-02-04Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2013-02-04Galaxies and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2013-02-04Cataclysmic Cosmic Events and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- 2013-01-18Supernovae: and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2013-01-07Planetary Nebulae and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2012-12-10The Caldwell Objects and How to Observe Them (repost)
- 2012-12-07Star Clusters and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2012-12-04Nebulae and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- 2012-11-23Asteroids and Dwarf Planets and How to Observe Them (Repost)
- 2012-09-29Comets and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- 2012-09-04Comets and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides)
- 2012-02-29Planetary Nebulae and How to Observe Them
- 2012-02-18[share_ebook] Supernovae: and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides) - Martin Mobberley
- 2012-01-21[share_ebook] Supernovae: and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides) - Martin Mobberley
- 2012-01-14[share_ebook] Supernovae: and How to Observe Them (Astronomers' Observing Guides) - Martin Mobberley
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.