Posted on 2011-01-20. By anonymous.
Publisher: The M I T Press 1994 | 485 Pages | ISBN: 0262660873 | CHM | 2 MB
How will the private sector react to different governmental policies? What policies will produce the most desirable outcomes? These two volumes bring together major contributions to a new theory of macroeconomic policy that analyzes which policies are credible or politically feasible, topics that are central to the practical policy debate but that traditional theory cannot address. Instead of looking at policy as an end product, the contributors approach policy as an ongoing process of revised goals, changes in tactics, and political pressures. They consider what kinds of incentives, within different institutional settings, drive policymaking and the behavior of policymakers. This approach allows more informed answers to questions of which policies are credible and which are politically feasible. It explains why certain monetary and fiscal policies get implemented, and provides insights into situations that occur repeatedly in macroeconomic policy such as the bias toward government deficits, partisan competition, and central bank independence. Volume 1 examines problems of policy credibility caused by incentives to deviate from announced policy. Volume 2 looks at feasibility problems caused by political pressures generated by the electoral process, the politics of the public debt, issues of the redistribution of wealth, and conflict over the need for economic reforms. Sections are arranged so that the first chapter introduces a topic while those that follow expand on it. The editors provide substantial introductions to each volume as well as short comments at the beginning of each section within the volumes.
- Ebooks list page : 9894
- 2011-05-19Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 1: Credibility
- 2011-05-19Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 2: Politics
- 2011-01-20Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 2: Politics
- 2013-07-28Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: Handbook of Fiscal Policy (repost)
- 2011-07-25Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- 2009-05-25Macroeconomic Policy: Demystifying Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- 2009-05-22Tax Reform and the Cost of Capital (Lindahl Lectures on Monetary and Fiscal Policy)
- 2011-07-27Monetary Vs Fiscal Policy
- 2013-06-20Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy
- 2011-11-23Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy (Repost)
- 2011-10-09Stabilization and Savings Funds for Nonrenewable Resources: Experience and Fiscal Policy Implications (Occasional paper)
- 2011-09-24Stabilization and Savings Funds for Nonrenewable Resources: Experience and Fiscal Policy Implications (Occasional paper)
- 2011-07-09Monetary Vs Fiscal Policy
- 2011-05-17Dynamic Modeling of Monetary and Fiscal Cooperation Among Nations (Dynamic Modeling and Econometrics in Economics and Finance)
- 2011-04-08Dynamic Modeling of Monetary and Fiscal Cooperation Among Nations
- 2010-02-04Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy
- 2013-10-10Benjamin M. Friedman and F.H. Hahn, "Handbook of Monetary Economics: v.1: Vol 1"
- 2013-02-28State and Local Fiscal Policy: Thinking Outside the Box? (Studies in Fiscal Federalism and State-Local Finance) (repost)
- 2012-04-29Innovative Fiscal Policy and Economic Development in Transition Economies - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.