Posted on 2011-01-20. By anonymous.
Publisher: The M I T Press 1994 | 485 Pages | ISBN: 0262660873 | CHM | 2 MB
How will the private sector react to different governmental policies? What policies will produce the most desirable outcomes? These two volumes bring together major contributions to a new theory of macroeconomic policy that analyzes which policies are credible or politically feasible, topics that are central to the practical policy debate but that traditional theory cannot address. Instead of looking at policy as an end product, the contributors approach policy as an ongoing process of revised goals, changes in tactics, and political pressures. They consider what kinds of incentives, within different institutional settings, drive policymaking and the behavior of policymakers. This approach allows more informed answers to questions of which policies are credible and which are politically feasible. It explains why certain monetary and fiscal policies get implemented, and provides insights into situations that occur repeatedly in macroeconomic policy such as the bias toward government deficits, partisan competition, and central bank independence. Volume 1 examines problems of policy credibility caused by incentives to deviate from announced policy. Volume 2 looks at feasibility problems caused by political pressures generated by the electoral process, the politics of the public debt, issues of the redistribution of wealth, and conflict over the need for economic reforms. Sections are arranged so that the first chapter introduces a topic while those that follow expand on it. The editors provide substantial introductions to each volume as well as short comments at the beginning of each section within the volumes.
- Ebooks list page : 9894
- 2011-05-19[share_ebook] Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 1: Credibility
- 2011-05-19[share_ebook] Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 2: Politics
- 2011-01-20Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Vol. 2: Politics
- 2015-08-21Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy Handbook of Fiscal Policy
- 2015-08-16Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy Handbook of Fiscal Policy
- 2013-07-28Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: Handbook of Fiscal Policy (repost)
- 2011-07-25Handbook of Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- 2009-05-25Macroeconomic Policy: Demystifying Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- 2009-05-22Tax Reform and the Cost of Capital (Lindahl Lectures on Monetary and Fiscal Policy)
- 2011-07-27[share_ebook] Monetary Vs Fiscal Policy
- 2015-10-24Monetary and Fiscal Policies in the Euro Area
- 2015-06-21Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy
- 2015-06-08Monetary and Fiscal Policies in the Euro Area
- 2014-09-28Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy (repost)
- 2014-05-25Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy (repost)
- 2013-06-20Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy
- 2011-11-23Monetary and Fiscal Strategies in the World Economy (Repost)
- 2011-09-24[share_ebook] Stabilization and Savings Funds for Nonrenewable Resources: Experience and Fiscal Policy Implications (Occasional paper)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.