Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-10-28. By anonymous.
Harvard University Press | 1997 | ISBN: 0674587383 | 284 pages | PDF | 14 MB
Summary: Brilliantt and crystal clear historical analysis
Jan Assmann is a giant among scholars, and that most incredible find: a man with genius insight who knows how to write! This book is about the story of Moses and how it is told and retold in Western culture. Except for a few untranslated quotes in German, French, etc., this work is beguilingly instructive enough for a beginner, and its points are made with such beauty that they will spur one to further biblical or Egyptian research. I value the book for it's in depth analysis of Akhnaten and the extent of his monotheistic "revolution" as much as anything else. This scholar is also gentle in his approach to all the materials he treats. For that reason he inspires considerable trust. I can not recommend this book and this man too much! The whole subject of the connection between Ancient Israel and Egypt is a rich load of treasure beyond imagining, and here is a great mind to open pathways and draw our attention to things we think we see but perhaps do not. Dazzling work!
In order not to miss many of them follow ebooks section (see top of each page on AH)
and visit my blog too :)
- Ebooks list page : 3626
- 2012-03-11The Memory Jogger II: A Pocket Guide of Tools for Continuous Improvement and Effective Planning By Michael Brassard, Diane Ritter, Francine Oddo
- 2011-05-15Gods Of Our Fathers The Memory Of Egypt In Judaism And Christianity
- 2009-05-21Gods of Our Fathers: The Memory of Egypt in Judaism and Christianity
- 2015-01-05The Memory of the Civil War in American Culture - Alice Fahs And Joan Waugh
- 2015-01-04The Memory of the Civil War in American Culture - Alice Fahs And Joan Waugh
- 2011-09-06[share_ebook] I Die, But the Memory Lives on: The World AIDS Crisis and the Memory Book Project
- 2015-08-23Egyptian Religion The Last Thousand Years Studies dedicated to the memory of Jan Quaegebeur by W. Cl...
- 2015-01-12Egyptian Religion The Last Thousand Years: Studies dedicated to the memory of Jan Quaegebeur by W. Clarysse
- 2011-11-28[share_ebook] How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-08-23[share_ebook] How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-08-08[share_ebook] TITLE IS ?08.08.2011The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt
- 2010-12-14[UL] The Keys of Egypt: The Obsession to Decipher Egyptian Hieroglyphs
- 2016-01-27The Thought of Death and the Memory of War
- 2016-01-16The Thought of Death and the Memory of War
- 2016-01-16Shoji Aketagawa & Kazunori Takeda - I Didn't Know About You (The Memory of Kazunori Takeda, Vol.2)
- 2016-01-15The Thought of Death and the Memory of War
- 2016-01-14Shoji Aketagawa & Kazunori Takeda - I Didn't Know About You (The Memory of Kazunori Takeda, Vol....
- 2016-01-14The Thought of Death and the Memory of War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.