Posted on 2009-07-12. By anonymous.
Ordinary Genius (Flyover Fiction)
Thomas Fox Averill | ISBN: 080321068X | PDF | 161 pages | 2005 | 5 MB
Falling under the spell of these short stories by O. Henry Award–winning author Thomas Fox Averill, a reader might well wonder: What in the world is ordinary? If there really are “just plain folks” anywhere at all, they’d surely be in the solid Midwestern Kansas of Averill’s fiction. And yet the “ordinary” people we meet in these stories lead us into one startling encounter after another with the mystery, the magic, and, yes, the transcendence that even the most mundane life secretly holds. In writing that has been called “lyrical” (New York Times), “compelling” (Kansas City Star), and “voluptuous” (Booklist), Averill explores the relationship between fathers and sons, the dead and the living, the natural and the unnatural. With crystalline clarity he reveals the ordinary and the extraordinary genius of a place, a time, a solitary soul embedded in the minutiae of the everyday: a young boy hunting for a runaway horse; a couple ostracized in their small town; a grieving high school basketball star; a child with a voice purer than a tuning fork; a gay son seeking his father’s acceptance; two boys playing bocce with the parish priest for high stakes—the secret of their birth. If there is magic in love, in acceptance, in sorrow and solace in all the usual places, then these stories find that magic with ordinary genius.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Ordinary Genius (Flyover Fiction)
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Ordinary Genius (Flyover Fiction)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 3148
- 2014-01-30Carlo Ancelotti: The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius
- 2013-08-11No Ordinary Genius: The Illustrated Richard Feynman
- 2011-11-15[share_ebook] No Ordinary Genius: The Illustrated Richard Feynman
- 2011-08-04[share_ebook] Carlo Ancelotti: The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius
- 2011-08-04[share_ebook] No Ordinary Genius: The Illustrated Richard Feynman
- 2011-06-14Carlo Ancelotti, Alessandro Alciato - Carlo Ancelotti: The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius
- 2012-09-19New York Times Best Seller Fiction Books [September 2012]
- 2012-05-17Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius
- 2012-05-16More Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genius - Removed
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume II: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume III: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume I: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume IV: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-01-08[share_ebook] Lectures on Ordinary Differential Equations by Witold Hurewicz
- 2011-09-17[share_ebook] Perfect Rigour: A Genius and the Mathematical Breakthrough of the Century. Masha Gessen
- 2011-07-02[share_ebook] Philosophy and Ordinary Language: The Bent and Genius of our Tongue (Routledge Studies in Twentieth Century Philosophy)
- 2011-05-11[share_ebook] Philosophy and Ordinary Language: The Bent and Genius of our Tongue (Routledge Studies in Twentieth Century Philosophy)
- 2014-03-11Let's Roll!: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage (Audiobook)
- 2014-03-11Sylvia Nasar – A Beautiful Mind: The Life of Mathematical Genius and Nobel Laureate John Nash
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.