Posted on 2017-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bernd Balkenhol | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 194 | ISBN: 0230547028 | ISBN13: 9780230547025 |
Description: Microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide a public good: they provide income-creating financial services to un-bankable people. If MFIs create and deepen markets where none existed before, there may be a case for public support. While subsidies are generally not favorably seen in financial sector development, being difficult to target and possibly distorting the local financial market, there may be situations where the net social benefits of micro-finance may exceed those of not doing anything and of alternative anti-poverty programs. Under such circumstances longer-term public support may be justifiable. This book is based on a study of forty-five MFIs carried out by ILO, in partnership with the Universities of Geneva and Cambridge. The application of factor analysis and cluster analysis shows that MFIs form clusters in terms of social and performance. Within each cluster there is one institution that is most efficient on both scores. Public support should ensure that the relative efficiency of MFIs is enhanced, it should not prod MFIs to modify their mission and position between poverty outreach and profitability.
Microfinance and Public Policy: Outreach, Performance and Efficiency.pdf
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 30399
- 2012-03-08Robert W. Orttung, A. S. Makarychev - National Counter-Terrorism Strategies: Legal, Institutional, and Public Policy Dimensions in the US, UK, France, Turkey and Russia - Removed
- 2008-09-03[request]Business and Society: Stakeholders, Ethics and Public Policy
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Language of the Gun: Youth, Crime, and Public Policy
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The City That Became Safe: New York's Lessons for Urban Crime and Its Control (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Punishing Race: A Continuing American Dilemma (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Justice Perverted: Sex Offense Law, Psychology, and Public Policy
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity: Research and Public Policy
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Reframing Public Policy: Discursive Politics and Deliberative Practices
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Unmarried Couples, Law, and Public Policy
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Renewing the Stuff of Life: Stem Cells, Ethics, and Public Policy
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Fallen Blue Knights: Controlling Police Corruption (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Chinatown Gangs: Extortion, Enterprise, and Ethnicity (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Bad Kids: Race and the Transformation of the Juvenile Court (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The S&L Debacle: Public Policy Lessons for Bank and Thrift Regulation
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Economics of Immigration: Market-Based Approaches, Social Science, and Public Policy
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Sentencing Fragments: Penal Reform in America, 1975-2025 (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2016-12-30[PDF] International Public Policy and Regionalism at the Turn of the Century (Series in International Business and Economics)
- 2012-11-19Institutional Economics: Social Order and Public Policy (Locke Institute S.) by Wolfgang Kasper (PDF) RapidShare Download - Removed
- 2012-11-09-Download Institutional Economics: Social Order and Public Policy (Locke Institute S.) by Wolfgang Kasper (PDF) RapidShare - Removed
- 2012-10-18free download Institutional Economics: Social Order and Public Policy (Locke Institute S.) by Wolfgang Kasper (PDF) RapidShare - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.