Posted on 2010-02-03. By anonymous.
Howard Schreier "PROC SQL by Example: Using SQL within SAS"
October 2008 | English | ISBN-13: 978-1-59994-297-1 | 304 Pages | PDF | 5.96 MB
In PROC SQL by Example: Using SQL within SAS, author Howard Schreier illustrates the use of PROC SQL in the context of the SAS DATA step and other SAS procedures (such as SORT, FREQ, MEANS, SUMMARY, APPEND, DATASETS, and TRANSPOSE) whose functionality overlaps and complements that of SQL.
Using a side-by-side approach, this concise reference guide includes many extensively explained examples showing equivalent DATA step and SQL code, enabling SAS users to take advantage of existing SAS skills and knowledge while learning about SQL. Discussions cover the differences between SQL and the DATA step as well as situations where SQL and the DATA step are used together to benefit from the strengths of each.
Topics addressed include
* working with joins and merges
* using subqueries
* understanding set operators
* using the Macro Facility with PROC SQL
* maintaining tables
* working with views
* using PROC SQL as a report generator
* and more
This text is ideal for SAS programmers seeking to add PROC SQL to their SAS toolkits as well as SQL programmers striving to better integrate the SAS DATA step and SQL.
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.