Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2009-10-26. By anonymous.
Springer; 1 edition (October 1, 2009) | English | 9048125316 | 431 pages | PDF | 5.65 MB
Greenhouse cultivation is noted for its high uptake of minerals, consistent climatic conditions, exclusion of natural precipitation and control of salt accumulation. Acknowledging that plant nutrition in greenhouse cultivation differs in many essentials from field production, this volume details specific information about testing methods for soils and substrates in a greenhouse environment. It does so while offering a universally applicable analysis based on the composition of the soil and substrate solutions, methods for the interpretation of tissue tests, and crop responses on salinity and water supply in relation to fertilizer application.
This information is of great interest because in greenhouse production, the quantities of nutrients absorbed by many crops are so high that it is impossible to supply the required nutrients as a base dressing in one go. This means that top dressings by fertigation are common practice. Besides the management of nutrient application, a close control on salt accumulation is also needed. This accumulation is closely connected with the quality of the irrigation water and the addition of the fertilizers. For a number of crops the level of fertilizer supply is focused not only on nutrient requirements, but is also used to achieve a particular salt concentration in the root environment. In this way the osmotic potential of the soil and substrate solution is optimized - an important tool for controlling crop growth and produce quality. When the salinity passes certain thresholds, yields may go down, but produce quality can be improved. Such regulations need precise adjustment to crops and growing conditions.
Another topic explored in the book is the development of sustainable production methods in relation to plant nutrition. The high nutrient levels required in the root environment can pollute both ground and surface waters. Fine tuning the water and nutrient supply can limit this for soil-grown crops. Cultivation in substrates, however, offers the best possibilities for an optimal use of water and nutrients. This growing method could produce crops without any discharge of minerals to the environment - by reusing drainage water.
Moreover, growing in substrates offers opportunities for optimization of yield and quality, because of the tight control on the supply of water and nutrients. However, this requires the perfect management of a complicated fertilizer supply. Adequate information about the physical and chemical properties of substrates is essential to a correct interpretation of the nutrient and salinity status - information this book supplies.
The management of the water supply, the fertilization and the osmotic potential in the soil or substrate solution offers growers a double benefit - both the high produce quality required in the consumer marketplace, and a response to today's more demanding environmental standards.
_ No Mirrors _
- Ebooks list page : 3619
- 2014-12-10Genetics and Genomics of Cotton (Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models) by Andrew Paterson[
- 2014-11-30Genetics and Genomics of Soybean (Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models) by Gary Stacey
- 2014-11-19Plant Nutrition and Soil Fertility Manual (2nd Edition)
- 2014-10-24Plant Nutrition (The Green World) by Alex C. Wiedenhoeft
- 2014-10-20Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouse Crops
- 2014-10-14Teaming with Nutrients: The Organic Gardener's Guide to Optimizing Plant Nutrition
- 2014-05-09Plant Nutrition and Soil Fertility Manual, Second Edition - Removed
- 2014-04-27Plant Nutrition and Soil Fertility Manual (2nd Edition) (repost)
- 2013-10-18Teaming with Nutrients: The Organic Gardener's Guide to Optimizing Plant Nutrition
- 2013-10-16Genetics and Genomics of Rice (Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models)
- 2013-10-11Teaming with Nutrients: The Organic Gardener's Guide to Optimizing Plant Nutrition
- 2013-08-18Plant Cytogenetics: Genome Structure and Chromosome Function (Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models) (Repost)
- 2013-08-12Genetics and Genomics of Papaya (Plant Genetics and Genomics: Crops and Models)
- 2013-07-28Plant Nutrition and Soil Fertility Manual, Second Edition - Removed
- 2013-07-10Growth and Mineral Nutrition of Field Crops, Third Edition (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environment) (repost) - Removed
- 2013-06-03Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouse Crops (repost)
- 2012-09-21Handbook of Plant Nutrition
- 2011-11-05Ramon Albajes, Maria Lodovica Gullino, "Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouse Crops"
- 2011-11-02Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouse Crops (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.