Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-01-07. By anonymous.
Publisher: Southern Illinois University Press 1999 | 360 Pages | ISBN: 0809322838 | HTML | 1.5 MB
Originally published in 1962, this story of the English Settlement in pioneer Illinois is compiled from the eyewitness accounts of the participants. The founders, Morris Birkbeck and George Flower, as well as their associates and the many visitors to their prairie settlement, wrote mainly for immediate and sometimes controversial ends. Charles Boewe has selected excerpts from letters, descriptions, diaries, histories, and periodicals within a chronological framework to emphasize the implicit drama of the settlers' deeds as they searched for a suitable site, founded their colony, and augmented their forces with new arrivals from England. No less dramatic is the subsequent estrangement of the two founders, the disillusionment of many of the English settlers, the untimely death of Birkbeck, and the financial ruin of Flower.
No Mirror(s) Please !!!
- Ebooks list page : 2162
- 2012-01-29250 Ways to Say It in Business English
- 2012-01-07Ultimate AK Stile Rifle Builder - English
- 2011-12-19New York Times Fiction Bestsellers 2010 - 2011 - English
- 2011-12-16New York Times Fiction Bestsellers 2010 - 2011 - English
- 2011-12-09Ultimate AK Stile Rifle Builder - English
- 2011-06-23English Matters - special edition (United Kingdom) (with Audio)
- 2015-04-03Exploring Nature in Illinois: A Field Guide to the Prairie State
- 2015-01-19The Key to English Two-word Verbs (Key to English Series) - English Language Services
- 2015-01-11Books on Quantum Field Theory - English
- 2015-01-07Huge Collection of eBooks to Learn Drawing - English
- 2015-01-06Adam Smith and Modern Sociology a Study in the Methodology of the Social Sciences - Albion W. Small
- 2015-01-04Books on Special and General Relativity - English
- 2015-01-02Books on Quantum Mechanics - English
- 2014-12-30Why Do Linguistics?: Reflective Linguistics and the Study of Language - Fiona English
- 2014-12-30Turning Wood with Carbide Tools: Techniques and Projects for Every Skill Level - John English
- 2014-12-29Why Do Linguistics?: Reflective Linguistics and the Study of Language - Fiona English
- 2014-12-28Raspberry Pi Book Collection - English
- 2014-12-27Books on Quantum Mechanics - English
- 2014-12-26Turning Wood with Carbide Tools: Techniques and Projects for Every Skill Level - John English
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.