Author: Robin Sax
Publisher: Prometheus Books
Posted on 2011-09-27, by sharebookfree.
Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe
Robin Sax | Prometheus Books | 2011-04-27 | 179 pages | English | PDF
Predators and Child Molesters by Robin Sax is the first book to be awarded Amber Alert Book of the Year Award.
There is no crime not even murder that worries and sickens parents more than child sexual abuse. Parents wonder how to protect their children when almost every day the news reports another incident of someone in authority arrested on suspicion of child abuse from clergy and teachers to family members themselves. Even law enforcement has had trouble defining the problem and only recently has the Department of Justice begun recording statistics of sexual assault against children. Amid the confusion generated by sensational news reports and uncertainty regarding the nature and extent of child sexual abuse, what can parents do?
In this straightforward, clearly written guidebook, veteran sex-crimes prosecutor and Los Angeles deputy district attorney Robin Sax answers one hundred questions that she has most often encountered in her fifteen years of experience. From the definition of abuse to the profiles of a predator to how to report an incident and to whom, Sax provides practical, reassuring, and appropriate information.
For ease of use, the book is organized into six major sections:
-Recognizing predators: molesters, pedophiles, and opportunists
-Talking to kids about risks and identifying potential problems
-Reporting sexual abuse
-Going to court
-Healing and moving on
Sax makes it clear that protecting children begins with every parent in the home. Parents must view protecting children from the potential of sexual assault as a priority. Teaching children preventive measures should be viewed as important as teaching kids how to dial 9-1-1.
Sax concludes by emphasizing that the best defense against sexual offenders is information. Her book provides realistic answers to empower parents and educators, even in the face of one of life's scariest threats.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 13950
- 2013-07-13Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe (repost)
- 2011-07-16Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe
- 2011-07-06Predators and Child Molesters: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Keep Kids Safe
- 2012-04-27What Every Parent Needs to Know about Standardized Tests: How to Understand the Tests and Help Your Kids Score High! (repost) - Removed
- 2011-02-25What Every Parent Needs to Know about Standardized Tests: How to Understand the Tests and Help Your Kids Score High!
- 2010-04-10What Every Parent Needs to Know about 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grades, 2E (Teaching Strategies)
- 2009-06-02Toni Bickart - What Every Parent Needs to Know about 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grades
- 2014-01-07The American Academy of Pediatrics, "Sleep: What Every Parent Needs to Know"
- 2013-12-24Sleep: What Every Parent Needs to Know
- 2011-04-01Religious Literacy What Every American Needs To Know And Doesnt
- 2010-10-29The G Quotient: Why Gay Executives are Excelling as Leaders... And What Every Manager Needs to Know (repost)
- 2010-10-23Economic Capital: How It Works, and What Every Manager Needs to Know (Repost) - Removed
- 2010-04-05Religious Literacy What Every American Needs To Know And Doesn’t
- 2010-04-04Religious Literacy What Every American Needs To Know And Doesn’t
- 2009-09-08Managing by Accountability: What Every Leader Needs to Know about Responsibility, Integrity--and Results
- 2009-06-30Foundations of Security: What Every Programmer Needs to Know
- 2009-06-26Economic Capital: How It Works, and What Every Manager Needs to Know
- 2009-05-27Foundations of Security: What Every Programmer Needs to Know (Expert's Voice)
- 2008-02-25Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know--And Doesn't
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.