Posted on 2007-07-06, updated at 2008-07-24. By anonymous.
S. Hayat, A. Ahmad, SALICYLIC ACID - A Plant Hormone
Springer | ISBN: 1402051832 | 1 edition (November 16, 2006) | 401 pages | PDF | 9.9 Mb
Phytohormones are very much involved in directing the plant growth, in a coordinated fashion in association with metabolism that provides energy and the building blocks to develop the form that we recognize as plant. Out of the recognized hormones, attention has largely been focused on Auxins, Gibberellins, Cytokinins, Abscisic acid, Ethylene and more recently to Brassinosteroids. However, in this book we are providing the information about a natural chemical, Salicylic Acid, that could be raised to the status of the above phytohormones because it has significant impact on various aspects of the plant life.
Salicylic acid (SA) was first discovered as a major component in the extracts from Salix (willow) whose bark from ancient time, was used as an anti-inflammatory drug. This acid (SA) is a phenol, ubiquitous in plants generating a significant impact on plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport and also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is recognized as an endogenous signal, mediating in plant defence, against pathogens.
This book includes contributions made by various experts, spread over the world. Since the work on Salicylic Acid is currently rather scattered it was thought prudent to draw this all together in one volume. This will naturally facilitate a ready reference of the material to students and researchers, alike.
Thanks to the original uploader!
DOWNLOAD FROM RAPIDSHARE:
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Salicylic Acid - A Plant Hormone
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Salicylic Acid - A Plant Hormone" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 1023
- 2012-04-12Salicylic Acid - A Plant Hormone by S. Hayat (Repost)
- 2011-07-06[share_ebook] SALICYLIC ACID - A Plant Hormone
- 2011-03-01Salicylic Acid - A Plant Hormone (repost)
- 2013-09-10Salicylic acid: Plant growth and development
- 2013-08-12Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24) (repost)
- 2013-08-09Annual Plant Reviews, The Plant Hormone Ethylene (Volume 44)
- 2011-11-17[share_ebook] Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24)
- 2011-09-09Brassinosteroids: A Class of Plant Hormone (repost)
- 2011-08-07[share_ebook] Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24) by Peter Hedden
- 2011-05-27[share_ebook] Brassinosteroids: A Class of Plant Hormone
- 2011-04-15Brassinosteroids: A Class of Plant Hormone (Repost)
- 2011-01-26Brassinosteroids: A Class of Plant Hormone
- 2010-09-19Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24) by Peter Hedden
- 2010-05-13Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24)
- 2010-05-12Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24)
- 2010-04-11[share_ebook] Annual Plant Reviews, Plant Hormone Signaling (Volume 24)
- 2009-06-03Plant Hormone Signaling (Annual Plant Reviews) by Peter Hedden and Stephen G. Thomas
- 2012-04-03The Expanding Cell (Plant Cell Monographs) by Jean-Pierre Verbelen
- 2012-03-27Current Views of Fatty Acid Oxidation and Ketogenesis - From Organelles to Point Mutations (ADVANCES IN EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY Volume 466)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.