Posted on 2007-09-03, updated at 2008-02-24. By anonymous.
Solid State Radio Engineering
By Herbert L. Krauss, Charles W. Bostian, Frederick H. Raab,
Number Of Pages: 560
Publication Date: 1980-02-20
Sales Rank: 660741
ISBN / ASIN: 047103018X
Average Rating: 4
A comprehensive text that covers both receiver and transmitter circuits, reflecting the past decade's developments in solid-state technology. Emphasizes design using practical circuit elements, with basic ideas of electrical noise, resonant impedance-matching circuits, and modulation theory thoroughly explained. Contains the latest techniques in radio frequency power amplifier design, accepted state-of-the-art technology based on bipolar junction transistors, VMOS RF power FETs, high-efficiency techniques, envelope elimination and restoration, envelope feedback, and other newly emerging technologies. Requires a knowledge of complex algebra, Fourier series, and Fourier transforms. Also includes numerous worked-out examples that relate the theory to practical circuit applications, and homework problems keyed to corresponding sections of the text.
I used this text book back in the '80s and even then it was considered outdated in some respects. There were rumors then of a second edition which seems to never have materialized. The book stresses Y-parameters for network characterization whereas s-parameters have been the standard since the late '80s. Also circuit examples are too dependent on transformers which in practical circuits are avoided if possible because of the large size and cost.
However, fundamental concepts that don't change with time are covered rather well (e.g. cascaded noise figure, classes of PAs, and modulation).
Still a good reference. For good circuit examples look for a more modern text.
Very good treatment of practical communications circuits
An excellent text for the real world of RF design, covering noise calculations, mixers, oscillators, filters, amplifiers, modulation and demodulation, PLLs, and other aspects of RF communications. Though I personally prefer Hayward's "Introduction to Radio Frequency Design" (especially for its treatment of oscillator circuits), I frequently refer to the Krauss & Bostian text for clarification of concepts and its greater emphasis on different schemes for modulation and demodulation. The treatment of PLLs is rather skimpy, but there are several textbooks specific to that subject (and even they gloss over some aspects).
In conjunction with Bowick's "RF Design" and Hayward's text, the Krauss & Bostian text delivers all the guidance needed for practical RF design.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Solid State Radio Engineering
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Solid State Radio Engineering" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 1242
- 2011-11-09Herbert L. Krauss, Charles W. Bostian, Frederick H. Raab, "Solid State Radio Engineering"
- 2011-11-03Solid State Radio Engineering (Repost)
- 2011-11-03[share_ebook] Solid State Radio Engineering
- 2008-12-06Solid State Radio Engineering
- 2008-10-13[share_ebook] Solid State Radio Engineering
- 2011-12-22[share_ebook] Solid State Physics: Advances in Research and Applications, Vol. 55
- 2007-11-02[request_ebook] Magnetism in the Solid State: An Introduction
- 2013-01-25Solid-State Laser Engineering (Volume 1)
- 2011-12-26[share_ebook] Solid-State Laser Engineering (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- 2011-12-04[share_ebook] Solid-State Laser Engineering (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- 2011-09-16Solid-State Laser Engineering (6th edition) [Repost]
- 2010-12-02Solid-State Laser Engineering (Repost)
- 2010-09-30Solid-State Laser Engineering
- 2010-02-04Solid-State Laser Engineering
- 2010-01-30Solid-State Laser Engineering
- 2009-12-31Solid-State Laser Engineering
- 2009-11-22Solid-State Laser Engineering (repost)
- 2007-11-28Solid-State Laser Engineering
- 2013-03-10M. Razeghi, Fundamentals of Solid State Engineering (Repost)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.