Posted on 2012-06-22. By anonymous.
English | 2002-01-29 | ISBN: 1566705924 | 464 pages | PDF | 7.5 mb
Two critical questions arise when one is confronted with a new problem that involves the collection and analysis of data. How will the use of statistics help solve this problem? Which techniques should be used? Statistics for Environmental Engineers, Second Edition helps environmental science and engineering students answer these questions when the goal is to understand and design systems for environmental protection. The second edition of this bestseller is a solutions-oriented text that encourages students to view statistics as a problem-solving tool.
Written in an easy-to-understand style, Statistics for Environmental Engineers, Second Edition consists of 54 short, "stand-alone" chapters. All chapters address a particular environmental problem or statistical technique and are written in a manner that permits each chapter to be studied independently and in any order. Chapters are organized around specific case studies, beginning with brief discussions of the appropriate methodologies, followed by analysis of the case study examples, and ending with comments on the strengths and weaknesses of the approaches.
New to this edition:
- Thirteen new chapters dealing with topics such as experimental design, sizing experiments, tolerance and prediction intervals, time-series modeling and forecasting, transfer function models, weighted least squares, laboratory quality assurance, and specialized control charts
- Exercises for classroom use or self-study in each chapter
- Improved graphics
- Revisions to all chapters
Whether the topic is displaying data, t-tests, mechanistic model building, nonlinear least squares, confidence intervals, regression, or experimental design, the context is always familiar to environmental scientists and engineers. Case studies are drawn from censored data, detection limits, regulatory standards, treatment plant performance, sampling and measurement errors, hazardous waste, and much more. This revision of a classic text serves as an ideal textbook for students and a valuable reference for any environmental professional working with numbers.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Statistics for Environmental Engineers, Second Edition (Repost)
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Statistics for Environmental Engineers, Second Edition (Repost)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 19067
- 2007-06-21Statistics for Environmental Engineers. Second Edition
- 2013-03-14The Engineering Guide to LEED-New Construction: Sustainable Construction for Engineers, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2013-03-07Statistics for Environmental Engineers (repost)
- 2012-02-13[share_ebook] Handbook of Physical-Chemical Properties and Environmental Fate for Organic Chemicals, Second Edition (repost)
- 2012-02-11[share_ebook] Handbook of Physical-Chemical Properties and Environmental Fate for Organic Chemicals, Second Edition (repost)
- 2010-12-16Recording Tips for Engineers, Second Edition (Repost)
- 2009-07-01Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction for Device Physicists and Electrical Engineers Second Edition (Repost)
- 2013-09-19Statistical Methods for Health Sciences, Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-04-02A First Course in Statistics for Signal Analysis (2nd edition) [Repost]
- 2013-03-17A First Course in Statistics for Signal Analysis, 2 Edition (repost)
- 2013-03-16Local Models for Spatial Analysis, Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-03-16Practical Atlas for Bacterial Identification, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2013-03-07Digital Techniques for Wideband Receivers, Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-03-05Anaesthesia for Veterinary Nurses, Second Edition (repost)
- 2013-02-22Sonar for Practising Engineers, 3rd edition (repost)
- 2013-02-03Molecular Neuropharmacology: A Foundation for Clinical Neuroscience, Second Edition (repost) - Removed
- 2013-01-29Electromagnetics, Microwave Circuit, And Antenna Design for Communications Engineering, Second Edition (Repost)
- 2013-01-25Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers, Third Edition (Repost)
- 2013-01-07Handbook of Surface and Interface Analysis: Methods for Problem-Solving, Second Edition (repost)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.