Posted on 2010-04-13. By anonymous.
Hardcover: 1328 pages
Publisher: Blackwell Publishers; 6 Sub edition (May 2003)
Price : $163.20
This classic manual on structural steel design provides a major source of reference for structural engineers and fabricators working with the leading construction material. Based fully on the concepts of limit state design, the manual has been revised to take account of the 2000 revisions to BS 5950. It also looks at new developments in structural steel, environmental issues and outlines the main requirements of the Eurocode on structural steel.
At the instigation of the Iron and Steel Federation, the late Bernard Godfrey began work in 1952 on the first edition of the Steel Designers? Manual. As principal author he worked on the manuscript almost continuously for a period of two years. On many Friday evenings he would meet with his co-authors, Charles Gray, Lewis Kent and W.E. Mitchell to review progress and resolve outstanding technical problems. A remarkable book emerged.Within approximately 900 pages it was possible for the steel designer to find everything necessary to carry out the detailed design of most conventional steelwork. Although not intended as an analytical treatise, the book contained the best summary of methods of analysis then available.The standard solutions, influence lines and formulae for frames could be used by the ingenious designer to disentangle the analysis of the most complex structure. Information on element design was intermingled with guidance on the design of both overall structures and connections. It was a book to dip into rather than read from cover to cover. However well one thought one knew its contents, it was amazing how often a further reading would give some useful insight into current problems. Readers forgave its idiosyncrasies, especially in the order of presentation. How could anyone justify slipping a detailed treatment of angle struts between a very general discussion of space frames and an overall presentation on engineering workshop design? The book was very popular. It ran to four editions with numerous reprints in both hard and soft covers. Special versions were also produced for overseas markets. Each edition was updated by the introduction of new material from a variety of sources. However, the book gradually lost the coherence of its original authorship and it became clear in the 1980s that a more radical revision was required. After 36 very successful years it was decided to rewrite and re-order the book, while retaining its special character. This decision coincided with the formation of the Steel Construction Institute and it was given the task of co-ordinating this activity.
- Ebooks list page : 5470
- 2011-08-21Steel Designers' Manual, 6th edition
- 2011-08-13Steel Designers' Manual
- 2010-08-07Steel Designers' Manual, 6th edition
- 2014-06-30Institute Steel Construction, Steel Designers' Manual
- 2013-07-12Steel Designers Manual, 7th edition
- 2013-07-07Steel Designers Manual, 7th edition
- 2013-07-05Institute Steel Construction, Steel Designers' Manual
- 2013-06-27Steel Designers' Manual, 7th edition
- 2012-12-09Steel Designers Manual (Repost)
- 2011-02-28Steel Designers' Manual
- 2010-07-19Steel Construction Institute Staff, Steel Designers' Manual, 6th Edition
- 2010-02-03Steel Designers' Manual
- 2009-10-01Steel Designers' Manual-repost
- 2007-08-22Steel Designers' Manual, 6th Edition
- 2014-12-02Steel Construction Manual - American Institute Of Steel Construction
- 2007-08-25Steel Designers\' Manual
- 2014-11-27Steel Detailers' Manual, 3rd edition
- 2014-11-06Timber Designers' Manual by J. A. Baird
- 2013-11-28Steel Designers' Handbook
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.