Team-Based Learning for Health Professions Education: A Guide to Using Small Groups for Improving Learning
Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2011-02-26. By anonymous.
Stylus Publishing; 1 edition | December 2007 | ISBN-10: 1579222471 | 256 pages | PDF | 1.85 Mb
Education in the health professions is placing greater emphasis on “active” learning–learning that requires applying knowledge to authentic problems; and that teaches students to engage in the kind of collaboration that is expected in today’s clinical practice.
Team-Based Learning (TBL) is a strategy that accomplishes these goals. It transforms passive, lecture-based coursework into an environment that promotes more self-directed learning and teamwork, and makes the classroom come “alive.”
This book is an introduction to TBL for health profession educators. It outlines the theory, structure, and process of TBL, explains how TBL promotes problem solving and critical thinking skills, aligns with the goals of science and health courses, improves knowledge retention and application, and develops students as professional practitioners. The book provides readers with models and guidance on everything they need to know about team formation and maintenance; peer feedback and evaluation processes, and facilitation; and includes a directory of tools and resources.
The book includes chapters in which instructors describe how they apply TBL in their courses. The examples range across undergraduate science courses, basic and clinical sciences courses in medical, sports medicine and nursing education, residencies, and graduate nursing programs. The book concludes with a review and critique of the current scholarship on TBL in the health professions, and charts the needs for future research.
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 10700
- 2011-09-03Redesigning Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- 2013-07-08Clinical Education in the Health Professions: An Educators Guide, 1e
- 2011-11-21Health Professions Education: A Bridge to Quality
- 2011-10-23Health Research Methodology: A Guide for Training in Research Methods (WHO Pacific Regional Office Education in Action Series)
- 2012-01-13Medical Terminology for Health Professions - Removed
- 2011-08-23Challenges and Opportunities in Using Residual Newborn Screening Samples for Translational Research: Workshop Summary
- 2011-07-12Medical Terminology for Health Professions - Removed
- 2009-01-18Reflective Teaching and Learning in the Health Professions: Action Research in Professional Education
- 2015-01-10Medical Terminology for Health Professions 2008 ed. - Ann Ehrlich
- 2014-12-01New Approaches to Problem-based Learning: Revitalising Your Practice in Higher Education - Removed
- 2014-11-04Problem Based Learning in Health and Social Care
- 2014-06-17New Approaches to Problem-based Learning: Revitalising Your Practice in Higher Education - Removed
- 2014-05-31New Approaches to Problem-based Learning: Revitalising Your Practice in Higher Education - Removed
- 2013-11-29Web-based Learning Solutions for Communities of Practice: Developing Virtual Environments for Social and Pedagogical
- 2013-11-02Medical Terminology for Health Professions (7th edition)
- 2013-10-08Preventive Mental Health at School: Evidence-Based Services for Students
- 2013-10-05Evidence-Based Interventions for Students with Learning and Behavioral Challenges (repost) - Removed
- 2013-08-01Small-Scale Livestock Farming: A Grass-Based Approach for Health, Sustainability, and Profit
- 2013-07-11Clinical Education in the Health Professions: An Educator's Guide, 1e
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.