Posted on 2009-02-08. By anonymous.
Brill Academic Publishers | 2006-06-30 | ISBN: 9004151974 | 832 pages | PDF | 17,8 MB
This volume examines the development and evolution of the war galley known as the Dromon, and its relative, the Chelandion, from first appearance in the sixth century until its supercession in the twelfth century by the Galea developed in the Latin West. Beginning as a small, fully-decked, monoreme galley, by the tenth century the Dromon had become a bireme, the pre-eminent war galley of the Mediterranean. The salient features of these ships were their two-banked oarage system, the spurs at their bows which replaced the ram of classical antiquity, their lateen sails, and their primary weapon: Greek Fire. The book contextualizes the technical characteristics of the ships within the operational history of Byzantine fleets, logistical problems of medieval naval warfare, and strategic objectives. Surviving Byzantine sources, especially tactical manuals, are subjected to close literary and phiological analysis.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...The Age of the DROMON: The Byzantine Navy ca 500-1204
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "The Age of the DROMON: The Byzantine Navy ca 500-1204" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 2289
- 2011-10-19[share_ebook] The Cambridge History of the Byzantine Empire c.500-1492
- 2010-05-12David Mclean - Public Health and Politics in the Age of Reform: Cholera, the State and the Royal Navy in Victorian Britain
- 2013-12-20The Sail & Steam Navy List: All the Ships of the Royal Navy, 1815-1889
- 2013-12-181808: The Flight of the Emperor: How a Weak Prince, a Mad Queen, and the British Navy Tricked Napoleon and Changed the New World
- 2013-11-06Mine Warfare Vessels of the Royal Navy 1908 to Date (Repost)
- 2013-10-09The French Navy Volume Two (Navies of the Second World War) (Repost)
- 2013-10-09The French Navy Volume One (Navies of the Second World War) (Repost)
- 2013-10-01Skua! The Royal Navy's Dive-bomber
- 2013-09-16The Byzantine Commonwealth Eastern Europe, 500-1453
- 2013-09-14The Byzantine Commonwealth: Eastern Europe, 500- 1453
- 2013-09-11Dimitri Obolensky, "The Byzantine Commonwealth: Eastern Europe, 500-1453" (repost)
- 2013-09-08The Merchant Navy
- 2013-09-02The Merchant Navy
- 2013-08-30The Merchant Navy
- 2013-07-29The Royal Navy 1793-1815 (Battle Orders 31) (Repost)
- 2013-07-23Fleet Air Arm Aircraft of World War 2: British-built types used by the Royal Navy (Aeroplane Collectors' Archive)
- 2013-07-05Combat Aircraft 20: TBD Devastator Units of the US Navy (Repost)
- 2013-06-29The Birth of the Hospital in the Byzantine Empire (Repost)
- 2013-04-16Mark Henry, The US Navy in World War II (Repost)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.