Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-01-09. By anonymous.
Penguin (Non-Classics) | 1989-12-05 | ISBN: 0140191895 | 984 pages | PDF | 2,4 MB
Aleister Crowley is perhaps one of the most interesting characters in all of world history. He attempted to synthesize the techniques of Western occultism, Eastern mysticism, and modern scientific thought into a workable system he liked to call "Magick." All the time he was trying to do this, he was hounded by people who branded him a charlatan, a Satanist, and "the wickedest man in the world." Even the famed Russian mystic George Gurdjieff, who was controversial himself, cursed Crowley's name after they met. Crowley's flawed character is very interesting to look at, especially from his own perspective, and this is why "The Confessions of Aleister Crowley" is such a great book.
Crowley's style is very lucid and descriptive, but readers without a dictionary should be warned; Crowley's vocabulary is immense and multi-lingual. Crowley makes some rather astute observations about the course of his life and his actions in the book, and he is able to psychoanalyze many of the people who one way or another became involved with his life, but this book, and his whole life, in fact, show one fatal flaw: a lack of self-analysis. Crowley's egotism contributed greatly to some of the errors he made. For instance, in reference to his feud with several members of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, he accuses many of them of having been jealous of him, going so far as to say that the great poet Yeats hated Crowley because Crowley was the superior poet. Any look at Crowley's poetry will prove this claim to be laughable, although Crowley did occasionally write wonderful poetry.
Crowley has long been ignored in Western society, although many of his ideas have influenced the course of the 20th century. Hopefully with the success of Wicca and occultism in general right now, Crowley will attain the position of great sage and artist in the larger world someday, as well as serving as a warning to all those who would tread his path. In closing, the reader of this book should bring with him an open-mind, intelligence, and a sense of humor (for Crowley's sense of humor is one of his often ignored qualities). With these qualities, he should be able to understand Crowley and learn from his ideas.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
Anyone who swallows the hogwash of him being a Satanist knows nothing of Thelema, Aleister [agnostic, ``The Art of Science, the Aim of Religion,'' scientific mystic whose studied the worlds religions and synthesized them as a trained physical chemist would attempt to do.], and the O.T.O., let alone the A.A or the Golden Dawn, Taoism [a major part of his philosophy], I Ching [another part of his daily toolkit], ROTA and so much more. He was a new frontiers explorer, much in the vein of Jung who was unabashedly focused on Society being driven for their True Will in life and not trends, fads, social conformity for the sake of social acceptance. Unfortunately, this brings out the freaks, the ingnorant and the charlatans. He was great at showing how easy it is to create and embellish a mystique by fabricating one that set off like wildfire across the globe by what he always saw as yellow journalists.
By the way, a new version, hardbound and complete [including the diaries not included by Symonds] is being finalized to give a more complete view of the man, the mystic and the magickian.
Yeah, right - "new frontiers explorer"...
"The greatest trick the Satan did was to convince the world he didn't exist".
WhoooHoooo! Who cares, Crowley was as well an ass busting fag. Yeah, there's an example of spiritual 'enlightenment' and human potential in action. Amazing, isn't it, what an excess of dope can do to in rearanging the human soul and mind. thanks 4 the post Smirk, thanks 4 the RS link warthoggraphics.
- Ebooks list page : 2170
- 2011-06-02The Confessions of Aleister Crowley: An Autobiography
- 2012-02-07The Pathworkings of Aleister Crowley: The Treasure House of Images - Aleister Crowley
- 2011-12-12The Pathworkings of Aleister Crowley: The Treasure House of Images - Aleister Crowley
- 2010-11-03The Confessions Of Aleister Crowley An Autobiography
- 2011-11-21Aleister Crowley - Little Essays Toward Truth
- 2011-06-03Enochian World of Aleister Crowley
- 2009-05-22Aleister Crowley collection
- 2012-06-02Perdurabo: The Life of Aleister Crowley, Revised and Expanded Edition
- 2011-12-06The Pathworkings of Aleister Crowley: The Treasure House of Images
- 2011-11-17Lon Milo Duquette - The Magick of Thelema: A Handbook of the Rituals of Aleister Crowley
- 2011-11-09Lon Milo Duquette - The Magick of Thelema: A Handbook of the Rituals of Aleister Crowley
- 2011-06-02The Magic of Aleister Crowley
- 2010-11-06The Magic of Aleister Crowley
- 2010-10-31John Symonds "The Magic of Aleister Crowley"
- 2007-11-04Confessions of Aleister Crowley
- 2016-07-21Aleister Crowley - The Other Loch Ness Monster (2000) [VHSRip (MPG)]
- 2016-07-19Aleister Crowley - The Other Loch Ness Monster (2000) [VHSRip (MPG)]
- 2016-07-17Aleister Crowley - The Other Loch Ness Monster (2000) [VHSRip (MPG)]
- 2013-12-10The Complete Astrological Writings
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.