Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-09-02. By anonymous.
Publisher: Ashgate | 2009 | ISBN 0754673014 | PDF | 382 pages | 10.2 MB
This enthralling volume tells the story of one of the world's greatest cultural heartlands - the Indian subcontinent. It shows how geological movements moulded the land of this unique cradle and how they still impact on it; from the early settlers, the great Mogul Empire and the British Raj, through the impact of railways, the development of irrigation systems on the economy and the spread of representative democracy.Discussions are woven around the three major forces of integration. These are 'identitive' forces - bonds of language, ethnicity, religion or ideology; 'utilitarian' forces - bonds of common material interest, and 'coercion' - the institutional use or threat of physical violence. By studying these forces, Professor Chapman shows how the organisation of territory - as states and empires, as monarchic realms and as representative democracies - has been central to the region's historic, cultural, linguistic and economic development. Anyone who is planning on carrying out research in South Asia or indeed anyone who simply wishes to understand more about this cultural heartland should read this book.In addition to the material on the Northwest frontier, Afghanistan and Kashmir which was added for the second edition, the Northeastern borderlands are also now examined in this fully revised third edition. The current geopolitical state of the region is completely updated and greatly enhanced.
- Ebooks list page : 7158
- 2011-11-27[share_ebook] The Geopolitics of South Asia
- 2011-10-14[share_ebook] Toward Sustainable Municipal Organic Waste Management in South Asia
- 2015-09-14Promise, Trust and Evolution Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2015-06-19Promise, Trust and Evolution Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2015-03-05Promise, Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2014-11-26The Merits of Regional Cooperation: The Case of South Asia
- 2014-10-31The City in South Asia
- 2014-07-17Dancing with the River: People and Life on the Chars of South Asia
- 2014-06-01The Merits of Regional Cooperation: The Case of South Asia
- 2014-05-17The Merits of Regional Cooperation: The Case of South Asia
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Promise, Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2011-09-11[share_ebook] Promise, Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2009-12-27Martina Rieker, Kamran Asdar Ali - Gendering Urban Space in the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa
- 2016-02-10The China-Pakistan Axis: Asia's New Geopolitics
- 2016-02-09The China-Pakistan Axis Asia's New Geopolitics
- 2016-01-28In Stereotype South Asia in the Global Literary Imaginary
- 2016-01-21Receptacle of the Sacred Illustrated Manuscripts and the Buddhist Book Cult in South Asia
- 2016-01-17The Politics Of English South Asia, Southeast Asia And The Asia Pacific
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.