Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-09-02. By anonymous.
The Geopolitics of South Asia
Graham P. Chapman | Ashgate | 2011-03-27 | 382 pages | English | PDF
This enthralling volume tells the story of one of the world's greatest cultural heartlands - the Indian subcontinent. It shows how geological movements moulded the land of this unique cradle and how they still impact on it; from the early settlers, the great Mogul Empire and the British Raj, through the impact of railways, the development of irrigation systems on the economy and the spread of representative democracy.Discussions are woven around the three major forces of integration. These are 'identitive' forces - bonds of language, ethnicity, religion or ideology; 'utilitarian' forces - bonds of common material interest, and 'coercion' - the institutional use or threat of physical violence. By studying these forces, Professor Chapman shows how the organisation of territory - as states and empires, as monarchic realms and as representative democracies - has been central to the region's historic, cultural, linguistic and economic development. Anyone who is planning on carrying out research in South Asia or indeed anyone who simply wishes to understand more about this cultural heartland should read this book.In addition to the material on the Northwest frontier, Afghanistan and Kashmir which was added for the second edition, the Northeastern borderlands are also now examined in this fully revised third edition. The current geopolitical state of the region is completely updated and greatly enhanced.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 7158
- 2011-11-27The Geopolitics of South Asia
- 2011-10-14Toward Sustainable Municipal Organic Waste Management in South Asia
- 2011-12-31Promise, Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2011-09-11Promise, Trust and Evolution: Managing the Commons of South Asia
- 2009-12-27Martina Rieker, Kamran Asdar Ali - Gendering Urban Space in the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa
- 2011-08-01Modernism and the Art of Muslim South Asia (Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks) - Removed
- 2013-11-22South Asia: Rising to the Challenge of Globalization (repost)
- 2013-10-17The Economist (Intelligence Unit) - Skills development in South Asia (2013)
- 2013-05-26Jimutavahanas Dayabhaga: The Hindu Law of Inheritance in Bengal (South Asia Reserch)
- 2013-05-22The Limits of British Colonial Control in South Asia: Spaces of Disorder in the Indian Ocean Region
- 2013-05-15Jimutavahanas Dayabhaga: The Hindu Law of Inheritance in Bengal (South Asia Reserch)
- 2013-05-12Jimutavahana's Dayabhaga: The Hindu Law of Inheritance in Bengal (South Asia Reserch) (repost)
- 2013-05-03The Making of Romantic Love: Longing and Sexuality in Europe, South Asia, and Japan, 900-1200 CE
- 2012-12-26South Asia: Beyond the Global Financial Crisis [Repost]
- 2012-10-25Anthropology, Politics, and the State: Democracy and Violence in South Asia by Jonathan Spencer (Repost)
- 2012-05-07Asymmetric Warfare in South Asia: The Causes and Consequences of the Kargil Conflict
- 2012-04-06The Evolution and History of Human Populations in South Asia [Repost]
- 2012-03-17Querying the Medieval: Texts and the History of Practices in South Asia
- 2012-03-16Inside China's Grand Strategy: The Perspective from the People's Republic (Asia in the New Millennium)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.