Posted on 2010-09-16, updated at 2010-11-02. By anonymous.
The Grand Design
Publisher: Random House Audio | ISBN: 0739344269 | September 7, 2010 | Length: 4 Hours and 32 Mins | MP3 320kbps 44.1khz | 405 MB
How can we understand the world in which we find ourselves? Over twenty years ago I wrote A Brief History of Time, to try to explain where the universe came from, and where it is going. But that book left some important questions unanswered. Why is there a universe--why is there something rather than nothing? Why do we exist? Why are the laws of nature what they are? Did the universe need a designer and creator?
It was Einstein抯 dream to discover the grand design of the universe, a single theory that explains everything. However, physicists in Einstein抯 day hadn抰 made enough progress in understanding the forces of nature for that to be a realistic goal. And by the time I had begun writing A Brief History of Time, there were still several key advances that had not yet been made that would prevent us from fulfilling Einstein抯 dream. But in recent years the development of M-theory, the top-down approach to cosmology, and new observations such as those made by satellites like NASA抯 COBE and WMAP, have brought us closer than ever to that single theory, and to being able to answer those deepest of questions. And so Leonard Mlodinow and I set out to write a sequel to A Brief History of Time to attempt to answer the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. The result is The Grand Design, the product of our four-year effort.
In The Grand Design we explain why, according to quantum theory, the cosmos does not have just a single existence, or history, but rather that every possible history of the universe exists simultaneously. We question the conventional concept of reality, posing instead a "model-dependent" theory of reality. We discuss how the laws of our particular universe are extraordinarily finely tuned so as to allow for our existence, and show why quantum theory predicts the multiverse--the idea that ours is just one of many universes that appeared spontaneously out of nothing, each with different laws of nature. And we assess M-Theory, an explanation of the laws governing the multiverse, and the only viable candidate for a complete "theory of everything." As we promise in our opening chapter, unlike the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life given in the Hitchhiker抯 Guide to the Galaxy, the answer we provide in The Grand Design is not, simply, "42."
http://www.fileserve.com/file/sBTNjQB/The Grand Design 1.rar http://www.fileserve.com/file/qDZuMqQ/The Grand Design 2.rar http://www.fileserve.com/file/S9CHJGq/The Grand Design 3.rar http://www.fileserve.com/file/gsEHNXF/The Grand Design 4.rar
- Ebooks list page : 7286
- 2010-09-17The Grand Design (PDF Audio)
- 2011-11-25Arizona: The Grand Canyon State (Encyclopedia Britannica: discover America, Volume 3)
- 2011-11-05Roman's Lab Vol 102 - Killing The Sicilian with The Grand Prix Attack
- 2011-09-06Roman's Lab Vol. 44 - New Lines & Novelties for White In The Grand Prix, French, Hippo, Latvian, and Philidor Defense - Removed
- 2013-12-11The Grand Design [Repost]
- 2013-08-24The Grand Design: Strategy and the U.S. Civil War (repost)
- 2013-05-24Hawking, Stephen - The Grand Design (2010) - Audiobook [MP3]
- 2013-05-07The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking
- 2013-02-11The Grand Design (repost)
- 2012-12-27The Grand Design (Repost)
- 2012-12-25The Grand Design [repost]
- 2012-10-19download The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking - Removed
- 2012-04-18Download free John Hicks - The Icon Handbook PDF audio - Removed
- 2012-02-29[RS/MF] Stephen Hawking, Leonard Mlodinow - The Grand Design
- 2012-02-26Stephen Hawking The Grand Design
- 2012-01-28Stephen Hawking: The Grand Design
- 2012-01-08Stephen Hawking The Grand Design
- 2011-11-28[WU] The Grand Design (Kindle format) [.mobi]
- 2011-11-15The Grand Design: A Novel
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.