Posted on 2009-06-23, updated at 2009-11-03. By anonymous.
S--ty for Ind..al and Ap..ed Math..tics | 2011 | ISBN: 1611971969 | 122 pages | PDF | 1,4 MB
Diffusion has been used extensively in many scientific disciplines to model a wide variety of phenomena. The Mathematics of Diffusion focuses on the qualitative properties of solutions to nonlinear elliptic and parabolic equations and systems in connection with domain geometry, various boundary conditions, the mechanism of different diffusion rates, and the interaction between diffusion and spatial heterogeneity.
The book systematically explores the interplay between different diffusion rates from the viewpoint of pattern formation, particularly Turing's diffusion driven instability in both homogeneous and heterogeneous environments, and the roles of random diffusion, directed movements, and spatial heterogeneity in the classical Lotka-Volterra competition systems.
Interspersed throughout the book are many simple, fundamental, and important open problems for readers to investigate.
Audience: This book is intended for researchers and graduate students in the areas of elliptic or parabolic equations and in mathematical biology.
Contents: Preface; Chapter 1. Introduction: The Heat Equation; Chapter 2. Dynamics of General Reaction-Diffusion Equations and Systems; Chapter 3. Qualitative Properties of Steady States of Reaction-Diffusion Equations and Systems; Chapter 4. Diffusion in Heterogeneous Environments: 2 x 2 Lotka-Volterra Competition Systems; Chapter 5. Beyond Diffusion: Directed Movements, Taxis, and Cross-Diffusion; Bibliography; Index.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...The Mathematics of Diffusion
Related Archive Books
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "The Mathematics of Diffusion" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 3045
- 2011-12-25Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-14Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2012-12-31The Mathematics of Diffusion [Repost]
- 2011-12-11The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2011-12-06The Mathematics of Diffusion (repost) - Removed
- 2011-10-11The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2011-07-27The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2007-06-13The Mathematics of Diffusion 2nd ed.
- 2012-09-24The Mathematics of Games and Gambling
- 2012-09-01The Mathematics of Games and Gambling
- 2011-12-28Introduction to the Mathematics of Subdivision Surfaces
- 2011-09-05Introduction to the Mathematics of Subdivision Surfaces
- 2011-09-05Vicious Circles: On the Mathematics of Non-Wellfounded Phenomena
- 2011-08-22The Mathematics of Reservoir Simulation (Frontiers in Applied Mathematics)
- 2011-06-22The Mathematics of Computerized Tomography
- 2011-06-02Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-05-24An Uneasy Alliance: The Mathematics Research Center At the University of Wisconsin, 1956-1987
- 2013-11-01The Mathematics of Coordinated Inference: A Study of Generalized Hat Problems
- 2013-10-30The Mathematics of Frobenius in Context: A Journey Through 18th to 20th Century Mathematics [Repost]
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.