Posted on 2009-06-23, updated at 2014-08-21. By anonymous.
Wei-Ming Ni - The Mathematics of Diffusion
Published: 2011-09-26 | ISBN: 1611971969 | PDF | 122 pages | 3 MB
Diffusion has been used extensively in many scientific disciplines to model a wide variety of phenomena. The Mathematics of Diffusion focuses on the qualitative properties of solutions to nonlinear elliptic and parabolic equations and systems in connection with domain geometry, various boundary conditions, the mechanism of different diffusion rates, and the interaction between diffusion and spatial heterogeneity.
The book systematically explores the interplay between different diffusion rates from the viewpoint of pattern formation, particularly Turing's diffusion driven instability in both homogeneous and heterogeneous environments, and the roles of random diffusion, directed movements, and spatial heterogeneity in the classical Lotka-Volterra competition systems.
Interspersed throughout the book are many simple, fundamental, and important open problems for readers to investigate.
Audience: This book is intended for researchers and graduate students in the areas of elliptic or parabolic equations and in mathematical biology.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 3045
- 2011-12-25Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-14Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2012-12-31The Mathematics of Diffusion [Repost]
- 2011-12-11The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2011-12-06The Mathematics of Diffusion (repost) - Removed
- 2011-10-11The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2011-07-27The Mathematics of Diffusion
- 2007-06-13The Mathematics of Diffusion 2nd ed.
- 2012-09-24The Mathematics of Games and Gambling
- 2012-09-01The Mathematics of Games and Gambling
- 2011-12-28Introduction to the Mathematics of Subdivision Surfaces
- 2011-09-05Introduction to the Mathematics of Subdivision Surfaces
- 2011-09-05Vicious Circles: On the Mathematics of Non-Wellfounded Phenomena
- 2011-08-22The Mathematics of Reservoir Simulation (Frontiers in Applied Mathematics)
- 2011-06-22The Mathematics of Computerized Tomography
- 2011-06-02Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-05-24An Uneasy Alliance: The Mathematics Research Center At the University of Wisconsin, 1956-1987
- 2013-11-01The Mathematics of Coordinated Inference: A Study of Generalized Hat Problems
- 2013-10-30The Mathematics of Frobenius in Context: A Journey Through 18th to 20th Century Mathematics [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.