Posted on 2011-02-01. By anonymous.
T---or Media | 2011 | ISBN: 1452650411 | MP3@32 kbps | 10 hrs 45 mins | 147.74 Mb
“With rationality and science under siege these days, Seth Mnookin has produced a riveting and important chronicle of one life-and-death realm in which passionate, panicky belief has dangerously trumped reason—and put millions of children at risk.”
Over the last three decades, the incidence of autism spectrum disorder, better known simply as autism, has risen dramatically in the U.S., from approximately 1 in 1,000 children to 1 in 110, arousing widespread concern among parents and psychiatrists alike. A few of the many potential possible culprits scientists have targeted are faulty genes and thimerosal, a mercury-laced preservative in vaccines. Former Newsweek senior journalist Mnookin focuses his masterful investigative skills primarily on the latter, highly controversial possibility, illustrating how the current, misguided anti-vaccine movement can be blamed almost equally on panic-driven parents, sensation-hungry media, and PR-challenged health authorities. In making his case, Mnookin covers a wide swathe of medical history, from polio outbreaks to the scare tactics of fringe British researcher Andrew Wakefield, who first forged the dubious vaccine-autism link. While Mnookin dismantles this link convincingly, his argument that multivaccine cocktails have been proven safe is ultimately less persuasive. Still, he’s an able, engaging wordsmith, and this cautionary tale about misinformed medical alarmism is thoroughly compelling.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...The Panic Virus (Audiobook)
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "The Panic Virus (Audiobook)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 10267
- 2012-10-15The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear (repost)
- 2011-11-19[share_ebook] The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
- 2011-08-13The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
- 2011-08-11[share_ebook] The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
- 2011-06-11[share_ebook] Utopia and Terror in the 20th Century (Audiobook)
- 2013-02-21Rabid: A Cultural History of the World's Most Diabolical Virus (Audiobook)
- 2013-02-10The God Virus: How Religion Infects Our Lives and Culture (Audiobook)
- 2012-03-25Michael Flynn - The January Dancer (Audiobook)
- 2012-03-07The Lying Game (Audiobook) By Sara Shepard, read by Cassandra Morris
- 2012-01-20[share_ebook] The Ghost King (AudiobooK) - R.A. Salvatore
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Science Fiction: The Literature of the Technological Imagination (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Tocqueville and the American Experiment (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Greek Legacy: Classical Origins of the Modern World (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-30[share_ebook] The Enlightenment Invention of the Modern Self (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-29[share_ebook] The Italian Renaissance (Audiobook)
- 2011-11-17[share_ebook] History of Christianity in the Reformation Era (Audiobook)
- 2013-12-06The Day After the Dollar Crashes (Audiobook)
- 2013-12-04The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain (Audiobook)
- 2013-12-03Lords of the Red Planet (Doctor Who The Lost Stories) (Audiobook)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.