Posted on 2010-06-07. By anonymous.
Publisher: Random House Audio 2008 | 4 hours and 16 mins | ISBN: 0739375954 | MP3 | 117 MB
Originally published in Switzerland, and gracefully translated into English by Carol Brown Janeway, The Reader is a brief tale about sex, love, reading, and shame in postwar Germany. Michael Berg is 15 when he begins a long, obsessive affair with Hanna, an enigmatic older woman. He never learns very much about her, and when she disappears one day, he expects never to see her again. But, to his horror, he does. Hanna is a defendant in a trial related to Germany's Nazi past, and it soon becomes clear that she is guilty of an unspeakable crime. As Michael follows the trial, he struggles with an overwhelming question: What should his generation do with its knowledge of the Holocaust? "We should not believe we can comprehend the incomprehensible, we may not compare the incomparable.... Should we only fall silent in revulsion, shame, and guilt? To what purpose?"
The Reader, which won the Boston Book Review's Fisk Fiction Prize, wrestles with many more demons in its few, remarkably lucid pages. What does it mean to love those people--parents, grandparents, even lovers--who committed the worst atrocities the world has ever known? And is any atonement possible through literature? Schlink's prose is clean and pared down, stripped of unnecessary imagery, dialogue, and excess in any form. What remains is an austerely beautiful narrative of the attempt to breach the gap between Germany's pre- and postwar generations, between the guilty and the innocent, and between words and silence.
!!!No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules!
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...The Reader (Audiobook)
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "The Reader (Audiobook)" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 6016
- 2013-05-18The Thomas Sowell Reader (Audiobook)
- 2013-04-21The Thomas Sowell Reader (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-05The Other Side Of Paradise - Margaret Mayhew, Ruth Sillers (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-04The Associate - Phillip Margolin, Scott Brick (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-06-01The Revenge of Lord Eberlin (The Secrets of Hadley Green Series, #2) - Julia London, Justine Eyre (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-31The Holy Thief: A Novel - William Ryan, Simon Vance (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-29The Book of Madness and Cures: A Novel - Regina O'Melveny, Katherine Kellgren (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-28The Associate - Phillip Margolin, Scott Brick (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-28The Invention of Childhood (BBC Radio) - Hugh Cunningham (Reader), Michael Morpurgo (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-05-28Soldier Dogs: The Untold Story of America's Canine Heroes - Maria Goodavage, Nicole Vilencia (Reader) (Audiobook)
- 2012-03-25Susan Casey - The Wave (Audiobook)
- 2012-03-23Simon Scarrow - The Legion (Audiobook)
- 2012-02-15[share_ebook] Conquest of the Americas (Audiobook) - Professor Marshall C. Eakin
- 2012-01-17[share_ebook] Conquest of the Americas (Audiobook) - Professor Marshall C. Eakin
- 2012-01-16[share_ebook] Conquest of the Americas (Audiobook) - Professor Marshall C. Eakin
- 2012-01-12[share_ebook] Conquest of the Americas (Audiobook) - Professor Marshall C. Eakin
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Philosophy and Religion in the West (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-31[share_ebook] Plato, Socrates, and the Dialogues (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-29[share_ebook] Peoples and Cultures of the World (Audiobook)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.