[share_ebook] The Security Development Lifecycle: SDL: A Process for Developing Demonstrably More Secure Software
Author: Michael Howard, Steve Lipner
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Posted on 2011-08-14, by sharebookfree.
The Security Development Lifecycle: SDL: A Process for Developing Demonstrably More Secure Software
Michael Howard, Steve Lipner | Microsoft Press | 2011-06-14 | 352 pages | English | PDF
Your customers demand and deserve better security and privacy in their software. This book is the first to detail a rigorous, proven methodology that measurably minimizes security bugs—the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL). In this long-awaited book, security experts Michael Howard and Steve Lipner from the Microsoft Security Engineering Team guide you through each stage of the SDL—from education and design to testing and post-release. You get their first-hand insights, best practices, a practical history of the SDL, and lessons to help you implement the SDL in any development organization.
Discover how to:
- Use a streamlined risk-analysis process to find security design issues before code is committed
- Apply secure-coding best practices and a proven testing process
- Conduct a final security review before a product ships
- Arm customers with prescriptive guidance to configure and deploy your product more securely
- Establish a plan to respond to new security vulnerabilities
- Integrate security discipline into agile methods and processes, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum
Includes a CD featuring:
- A six-part security class video conducted by the authors and other Microsoft security experts
- Sample SDL documents and fuzz testing tool
PLUS—Get book updates on the Web.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
Download Link 2
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.