Posted on 2009-08-15, updated at 2014-10-24. By anonymous.
Praeger | 2008-11-30 | ISBN: 0313365156 | 264 pages | PDF | 1,1 MB
How does Wall Street, that great bastion of American Capitalism, really work? This book provides the multifaceted answer to that question clearly, concisely, and on a practical level for anyone seeking to better understand the inner workings of the capital markets. Tracing the dealings of a fictional company from inception to maturity, The Wall Street Primer provides the reader with practical insights on Wall Street and its functions and operations. Written for professionals new to the industry, investors, job seekers, students, brokers and traders, and entrepreneurs and business executives, the book goes well beyond nice to know information. Instead, it will be, for many people, must have information about organizations, professions, and transactions that can help them make deals, get ahead in their careers, or better fund and build their businesses.
Everybody has heard of Wall Street, but very few know anything about its institutions and processes. What is the buyside? Who works on the sellside? How do companies raise capital? Why do companies hire investment bankers? What is the difference between a mutual fund and a hedge fund? What is the process for selling a company? What does it take to go public and how is it done? The Wall Street Primer lifts the veil and answers these questions and many more.
Besides covering financings and mergers and acquisitions, Pedersen illuminates the players involved. These include venture capitalists, private equity investors, public portfolio managers, activist shareholders, investment bankers, institutional salespeople and traders, and all those associated with their activities, like regulators, lawyers, and accountants. Along the way, readers learn about the offering and trading of stocks and bonds, what is involved in M&A transactions, how technology is affecting the brokerage industry, what concerns institutional investors, and much more. Best, it's written by an insider who has seen both Wall Street's public face and its backroom dealings.
Author and former investment banker and securities attorney Jason Pedersen searched for years for a book he could recommend to clients and professionals that contained practical information on how the pieces all fit together—who the players are, what they do, how they interact, and how, why, and when deals get done. But he never found that book and so decided to write it himself. The result is a fascinating look at how people navigate Wall Street—and wake up to find themselves living the American Dream.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 3342
- 2015-07-18The Wall Street Primer The Players, Deals, and Mechanics of the U.S. Securities Market
- 2014-10-24The Wall Street Primer: The Players, Deals, and Mechanics of the U.S. Securities Market
- 2014-10-12The Wall Street Primer: The Players, Deals, and Mechanics of the U.S. Securities Market
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2016-02-07Out of the Box and onto Wall Street: Unorthodox Insights on Investments and the Economy
- 2016-02-03Out of the Box and onto Wall Street Unorthodox Insights on Investments and the Economy
- 2016-02-01Out of the Box and onto Wall Street: Unorthodox Insights on Investments and the Economy
- 2016-01-29Out of the Box and onto Wall Street Unorthodox Insights on Investments and the Economy
- 2015-04-17The Buddha on Wall Street: Whats Wrong with Capitalism and What We Can Do about It
- 2010-02-04The Wall Street Primer
- 2012-08-28Broken Markets: How High Frequency Trading and Predatory Practices on Wall Street are Destroying Investor Confidence and Your Portfolio
- 2015-09-18Wall Street The Markets, Mechanisms and Players (The Economist Series) by Richard Roberts
- 2015-06-18Wall Street The Markets, Mechanisms and Players (The Economist Series) by Richard Roberts
- 2015-03-20Wall Street: The Markets, Mechanisms and Players (The Economist Series) by Richard Roberts
- 2015-01-30Wall Street: The Markets, Mechanisms and Players (The Economist Series) by Richard Roberts [Repost]
- 2014-10-30It Takes a Pillage: Behind the Bailouts, Bonuses, and Backroom Deals from Washington to Wall Street
- 2013-03-16Wall Street: The Markets, Mechanisms and Players (Repost)
- 2011-11-11[share_ebook] Wall Street: The Markets, Mechanisms and Players
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.