Posted on 2010-02-04. By anonymous.
"When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.... When enough years had gone by to enable us to look back on them, we sometimes discussed the events leading to his accident. I maintain that the Ewells started it all, but Jem, who was four years my senior, said it started long before that. He said it began the summer Dill came to us, when Dill first gave us the idea of making Boo Radley come out."
Set in the small Southern town of Maycomb, Alabama, during the Depression, To Kill a Mockingbird follows three years in the life of 8-year-old Scout Finch, her brother, Jem, and their father, Atticus--three years punctuated by the arrest and eventual trial of a young black man accused of raping a white woman. Though her story explores big themes, Harper Lee chooses to tell it through the eyes of a child. The result is a tough and tender novel of race, class, justice, and the pain of growing up.
Like the slow-moving occupants of her fictional town, Lee takes her time getting to the heart of her tale; we first meet the Finches the summer before Scout's first year at school. She, her brother, and Dill Harris, a boy who spends the summers with his aunt in Maycomb, while away the hours reenacting scenes from Dracula and plotting ways to get a peek at the town bogeyman, Boo Radley. At first the circumstances surrounding the alleged rape of Mayella Ewell, the daughter of a drunk and violent white farmer, barely penetrate the children's consciousness. Then Atticus is called on to defend the accused, Tom Robinson, and soon Scout and Jem find themselves caught up in events beyond their understanding. During the trial, the town exhibits its ugly side, but Lee offers plenty of counterbalance as well--in the struggle of an elderly woman to overcome her morphine habit before she dies; in the heroism of Atticus Finch, standing up for what he knows is right; and finally in Scout's hard-won understanding that most people are essentially kind "when you really see them." By turns funny, wise, and heartbreaking, To Kill a Mockingbird is one classic that continues to speak to new generations, and deserves to be reread often.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...To Kill A Mockingbird
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "To Kill A Mockingbird" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 4522
- 2013-11-28To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- 2013-09-06Download To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee PDF - Removed
- 2013-07-14Understanding To Kill a Mockingbird: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historic Documents (repost)
- 2013-05-07Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
- 2013-05-04To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- 2012-11-22To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee (epub mobi pdf)
- 2012-02-29[EB] To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 2012-01-22Harper Lee’s to Kill a Mockingbird - Harold Bloom
- 2011-12-28Harper Lee’s to Kill a Mockingbird - Harold Bloom
- 2011-12-08Harper Lee's to Kill a Mockingbird
- 2011-11-28To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 2011-11-14To Kill a Mockingbird free ebook download
- 2011-09-28Understanding To Kill a Mockingbird: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historic Documents (The Greenwood Press 'Literature in Context' Series)
- 2011-09-11Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
- 2011-09-06Understanding To Kill a Mockingbird: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historic Documents (The Greenwood Press â€˜Literature in Contextâ€™ Series)
- 2011-07-27Understanding To Kill a Mockingbird: A Student Casebook to Issues, Sources, and Historic Documents (The Greenwood Press "Literature in Context" Series)
- 2011-03-07Harper Lee-To Kill A Mockingbird (audio)
- 2010-03-22Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird [Audio Book]
- 2010-02-02Lee Harper -To Kill A Mockingbird
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.