Posted on 2009-02-05. By anonymous.
Routledge | 1992-06-25 | ISBN: 0415076315 | 256 pages | PDF | 1,2 MB
Years after the Vietnam War ended, it continues as a moral, political, military, and media touchstone for Americans. This very readable introduction to American literature emerging from the war examines critically acclaimed books written by Philip Caputo, Michael Herr, Larry Heinemann, Jambes Webb, Tim O'Brien, and Bobbie Ann Mason. Tobey Herzog discusses important cultural and literary themes including war's inherent ironies, the John Wayne syndrome, a "heavy Heart-of-Darkness Trip," literary voices from previous wars, and Vietnam as a different war. A significant feature of this book is its focus on the historical and literary connections between Vietnam narratives and modern war literature authored by Crane, Remarque, Owen, Hemingway, Mailer, and Jones. Thus, across time, wars, and cultures, the voices of all these soldier-authors and civilians present similar perspectives of war's human toll, ones counterbalancing the views of media, historians, the military, and governments. Vietnam War Stories provides readers with a helpful critical framework for understanding the Vietnam experience, Vietnam narratives, and modern war literature.
- Ebooks list page : 2273
- 2012-05-11U.S. Army Uniforms of the Vietnam War
- 2012-01-21US Navy and Marine Corps A-4 Skyhawk Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 69)
- 2010-12-16Voices from the Vietnam War: Stories from American, Asian, and Russian Veterans
- 2011-12-19Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-12-15Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-12-09Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-11-27Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War [Repost]
- 2014-05-26Kill for Peace: American Artists Against the Vietnam War
- 2014-05-15Squadron/Signal Publications 6002: And Kill MiGs: Air to Air Combat in the Vietnam War - Vietnam Studies Group series (Repost)
- 2014-03-25The Girl in the Picture: The Story of Kim Phuc, the Photograph, and the Vietnam War
- 2014-03-19The Vietnam War (Atlas of Conflicts)
- 2014-03-14War Stories from Applied Math: Undergraduate Consultancy Projects
- 2014-03-12Vietnam War Almanac (Almanacs of American Wars) (Repost)
- 2014-02-24The The War On Drugs - Lost in the Dream (2014)
- 2014-02-20Looking for a Hero: Staff Sergeant Joe Ronnie Hooper and the Vietnam War (Repost)
- 2014-01-31The Vietnam War (The Greenwood Press Daily Life Through History Series: American Soldiers' Lives)
- 2013-12-06The US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War: III Marine Amphibious Force 1965-1975 (Osprey Battle Orders 19) (repost)
- 2013-12-06The US Army in the Vietnam War 1965-1973 (Osprey Battle Orders 33) (repost)
- 2013-12-03The US Army in the Vietnam War 1965-73 (Osprey Battle Orders 033)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.