Posted on 2009-02-05. By anonymous.
Routledge | 1992-06-25 | ISBN: 0415076315 | 256 pages | PDF | 1,2 MB
Years after the Vietnam War ended, it continues as a moral, political, military, and media touchstone for Americans. This very readable introduction to American literature emerging from the war examines critically acclaimed books written by Philip Caputo, Michael Herr, Larry Heinemann, Jambes Webb, Tim O'Brien, and Bobbie Ann Mason. Tobey Herzog discusses important cultural and literary themes including war's inherent ironies, the John Wayne syndrome, a "heavy Heart-of-Darkness Trip," literary voices from previous wars, and Vietnam as a different war. A significant feature of this book is its focus on the historical and literary connections between Vietnam narratives and modern war literature authored by Crane, Remarque, Owen, Hemingway, Mailer, and Jones. Thus, across time, wars, and cultures, the voices of all these soldier-authors and civilians present similar perspectives of war's human toll, ones counterbalancing the views of media, historians, the military, and governments. Vietnam War Stories provides readers with a helpful critical framework for understanding the Vietnam experience, Vietnam narratives, and modern war literature.
Contents of this information are indexed from the Internet and not censored. All actions are under your responsibility. Send email to email@example.com to report links to illegal contents, we'll remove them immediately.
Search More...Vietnam War Stories: Innocence Lost
Try RAR Password Recovery.
Please search mirrors if you can't find download links for "Vietnam War Stories: Innocence Lost" in "Description" and someone else may update the links. Check the comments when back to find any updates.
Maybe some mirror pages will be helpful, search this book at top of this page or click here to find more info.
- Ebooks list page : 2273
- 2012-05-11U.S. Army Uniforms of the Vietnam War
- 2012-01-21[share_ebook] US Navy and Marine Corps A-4 Skyhawk Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 69)
- 2010-12-16Voices from the Vietnam War: Stories from American, Asian, and Russian Veterans
- 2011-12-19[share_ebook] Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-12-15[share_ebook] Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-12-09[share_ebook] Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War (Oxford English Monographs) - Subarno Chattarji
- 2011-11-27Memories of a Lost War: American Poetic Responses to the Vietnam War [Repost]
- 2014-02-24The The War On Drugs - Lost in the Dream (2014)
- 2014-01-31The Vietnam War (The Greenwood Press Daily Life Through History Series: American Soldiers' Lives)
- 2013-12-06The US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War: III Marine Amphibious Force 1965-1975 (Osprey Battle Orders 19) (repost)
- 2013-12-06The US Army in the Vietnam War 1965-1973 (Osprey Battle Orders 33) (repost)
- 2013-12-03The US Army in the Vietnam War 1965-73 (Osprey Battle Orders 033)
- 2013-11-22The US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War. III Marine Amphibious Force 1965-75 (Osprey Battle Orders 019)
- 2013-11-14Life and Death in the Central Highlands: An American Sergeant in the Vietnam War, 1968-1970 (repost)
- 2013-11-04The Greatest War Stories Never Told
- 2013-10-12The Korean War and the Vietnam War: People, Politics, and Power (America at War) By William L. Hosch
- 2013-10-12US NAVY A-1 Skyraider Units of the Vietnam War (Osprey Combat Aircraft 77) (Repost)
- 2013-10-04Vietnam War Helicopter Art: U.S. Army Rotor Aircraft (Stackpole Military Photo Series)
- 2013-08-14The Vietnam War and Theologies of Memory: Time and Eternity in the Far Country (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.