Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Peter Millar, "1989 The Berlin Wall: My Part in its Downfall"
2010 | ISBN: 1906413479 | English | 220 Pages | EPUB | 2.10 MB
It was an event that changed history, bringing the Cold War to a sudden, unexpected end. Peter Millar was in the middle of it, literally: caught in Checkpoint Charlie between bemused East German border guards and drunk western revellers prematurely celebrating the end of an era. For over a decade Millar had been living not just in East Berlin but also Warsaw and Moscow. In this engaging, garrulous, bibulous memoir we follow him on a journey into the heart of Cold War Europe. From the hitchhiking trip that helped him discover a secret path into a career in journalism, through the carousing bars of Fleet Street in the seventies, to the East Berlin corner pub with its eclectic cast of customers who taught him the truth about living on the wrong side of the Wall. We relive the night it all disintegrated, gain insight into the domino effect that swept through Eastern Europe in its aftermath and find out how the author felt as he opened the Stasi files and discovered which of his friends had - or had not - been spying on him.
- Ebooks list page : 31795
- 2013-02-071989 The Berlin Wall: My Part in its Downfall
- 2014-03-20The Berlin Wall: and the Intra-German Border 1961-1989 (Osprey Fortress 69) (repost)
- 2013-03-16The Berlin Wall - A World Divided, 1961-1989
- 2009-03-20The Berlin Wall: A World Divided, 1961-1989
- 2017-09-12The Collapse The Accidental Opening of the Berlin Wall
- 2017-03-13Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Berlin Wall Crisis: Perspectives on Cold War Alliances
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Harold Macmillan and the Berlin Wall Crisis, 1958-62: the Limits of Interest and Force (Studies in Military and Strategic History)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Behind the Berlin Wall: East Germany and the Frontiers of Power
- 2017-01-09Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
- 2017-01-07Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
- 2016-11-30The Berlin Wall
- 2014-02-09The Year that Changed the World: The Untold Story Behind the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- 2013-10-01Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall [Repost]
- 2013-08-19Anarchy and Art: From the Paris Commune to the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- 2013-05-12After the Berlin Wall: Putting Two Germanys Back Together Again
- 2011-11-30Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall [Audiobook]
- 2011-11-21Stasiland: Stories from Behind the Berlin Wall
- 2011-11-02Anarchy and Art: From the Paris Commune to the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.