Posted on 2011-11-13. By anonymous.
H. E. Rose - A Course on Finite Groups
Publisher: SÑ€ringer | 2009-12-29 | ISBN: 1848828888 | PDF | 323 pages | 1.61 MB
A Course on Finite Groups introduces the fundamentals of group theory to advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate students. Based on a series of lecture courses developed by the author over many years, the book starts with the basic definitions and examples and develops the theory to the point where a number of classic theorems can be proved. The topics covered include: group constructions; homomorphisms and isomorphisms; actions; Sylow theory; products and Abelian groups; series; nilpotent and soluble groups; and an introduction to the classification of the finite simple groups. A number of groups are described in detail and the reader is encouraged to work with one of the many computer algebra packages available to construct and experience "actual" groups for themselves in order to develop a deeper understanding of the theory and the significance of the theorems. Numerous problems, of varying levels of difficulty, help to test understanding. A brief resumÃ© of the basic set theory and number theory required for the text is provided in an appendix, and a wealth of extra resources is available online at www.springer.com, including: hints and/or full solutions to all of the exercises; extension material for many of the chapters, covering more challenging topics and results for further study; and two additional chapters providing an introduction to group representation theory.
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
- Ebooks list page : 15241
- 2010-12-25A Course on Finite Groups (repost)
- 2010-03-01A Course on Finite Groups (repost)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] A Course on Finite Groups (Universitext)
- 2013-12-30Modular Representation Theory of Finite Groups (Repost)
- 2013-07-27Modular Representation Theory of Finite Groups [Repost]
- 2013-01-22Products of Finite Groups [Repost]
- 2011-12-24Linear Representations of Finite Groups [Repost]
- 2011-12-03A First Course in Finite Elements [Repost]
- 2011-07-19A First Course in Finite Elements (Repost)
- 2010-07-01A Course on Finite Groups
- 2010-06-27A First Course in Finite Elements (repost)
- 2009-12-21A Course on Finite Groups (Universitext)
- 2014-02-10Fourier Analysis on Finite Abelian Groups (Repost)
- 2014-02-09The Finite Simple Groups (repost)
- 2014-02-04Symmetric Generation of Groups: With Applications to many of the Sporadic Finite Simple Groups (Repost)
- 2013-12-10Harmonic Analysis on Finite Groups: Representation Theory, Gelfand Pairs and Markov Chains [Repost]
- 2013-11-07A Course in Formal Languages, Automata and Groups (repost)
- 2013-09-06Direct Sum Decompositions of Torsion-Free Finite Rank Groups (repost)
- 2013-08-28Differential Algebraic Groups of Finite Dimension (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.