[share_ebook] A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter - William Deresiewicz
Author: William Deresiewicz
Publisher: Penguin Press Hc, The
Posted on 2012-01-09, by 4bookholic.
A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter
William Deresiewicz | Penguin Press Hc, The | 2011 | 272 pages | English | EPUB,MOBI
An eloquent memoir of a young man's life transformed by literature. In A Jane Austen Education, Austen scholar William Deresiewicz turns to the author's novels to reveal the remarkable life lessons hidden within. With humor and candor, Deresiewicz employs his own experiences to demonstrate the enduring power of Austen's teachings. Progressing from his days as an immature student to a happily married man, Deresiewicz's A Jane Austen Education is the story of one man's discovery of the world outside himself. A self-styled intellectual rebel dedicated to writers such as James Joyce and Joseph Conrad, Deresiewicz never thought Austen's novels would have anything to offer him. But when he was assigned to read Emma as a graduate student at Columbia, something extraordinary happened. Austen's devotion to the everyday, and her belief in the value of ordinary lives, ignited something in Deresiewicz. He began viewing the world through Austen's eyes and treating those around him as generously as Austen treated her characters. Along the way, Deresiewicz was amazed to discover that the people in his life developed the depth and richness of literary characters-that his own life had suddenly acquired all the fascination of a novel. His real education had finally begun. Weaving his own story-and Austen's-around the ones her novels tell, Deresiewicz shows how her books are both about education and themselves an education. Her heroines learn about friendship and feeling, staying young and being good, and, of course, love. As they grow up, they learn lessons that are imparted to Austen's reader, who learns and grows by their sides. A Jane Austen Education is a testament to the transformative power of literature, a celebration of Austen's mastery, and a joy to read. Whether for a newcomer to Austen or a lifelong devotee, Deresiewicz brings fresh insights to the novelist and her beloved works. Ultimately, Austen's world becomes indelibly entwined with our own, showing the relevance of her message and the triumph of her vision.
- Ebooks list page : 16890
- 2012-01-05A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter - Removed
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Power of Doing Less: Why Time Management Courses Don't Work And How To Spend Your Precious Life On The Things That Really Matter
- 2017-11-14[PDF] FLAWD: How to Stop Hating on Yourself, Others, and the Things That Make You Who You Are
- 2017-02-10[PDF] FLAWD: How to Stop Hating on Yourself, Others, and the Things That Make You Who You Are
- 2012-02-20The Annotated Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Removed
- 2012-01-31The Annotated Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Removed
- 2012-01-15The Annotated Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Removed
- 2011-12-16The Annotated Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Removed
- 2011-12-15The Annotated Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen - Removed
- 2011-08-29Emma by Jane Austen [AUDIOBOOK] filesonic
- 2008-05-13Pride and Prejudice : Jane Austen - Removed
- 2014-02-08A Jane Austen Education (Repost)
- 2011-07-28You Are an Ironman: How Six Weekend Warriors Chased Their Dream of Finishing the World's Toughest Triathlon
- 2019-03-25Base Nation How U.S. Military Bases Abroad Harm America and the World - Removed
- 2019-02-19Automate This: How Algorithms Took Over Our Markets, Our Jobs, and the World
- 2019-02-04HOW TO TUTOR YOUR CHILD IN MATH FRACTIONS AND THE COMMON CORE TUTORIAL COMPRISED
- 2018-12-14Future Presence How Virtual Reality Is Changing Human Connection, Intimacy, and the Limits of Ordina...
- 2018-11-13The Woman's Guide to How Men Think Love, Commitment, and the Male Mind
- 2018-11-13The Things That Matter What Seven Classic Novels Have to Say About the Stages of Life
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.