Posted on 2019-01-24, by nokia241186.
A Journey in Mathematics Education Research: Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb (Mathematics Education Library) by Erna Yackel and Koeno Gravemeijer
English | 2010-12-15 | ISBN: 9048197287, 9400734581 | PDF | 215 pages | 1,4 MB
This book presents ideas developed by Paul Cobb and his colleagues that have significantly influenced the field of mathematics education over the past three decades. In this volume, they are brought together for readers to present a clear view of how the field has changed during that time. During his career Cobb moved from looking at a single child's mathematical reasoning, to a class learning a particular mathematical topic, to a group of school teachers, and to a school district with all its teachers, teachers' teachers and principals. It was his wish to make a real difference and his constantly revised understanding of what it takes to do so that dictated this gradual broadening of the unit of analysis. This development is presented in this book with the help of chronologically organized previously published papers, each of which represents a distinct stage in this intellectual journey and is preceded by a new commentary that sheds additional light on the processes of reconceptualization and thus helps the reader to understand the reasons, mechanisms, and outcomes of researchers' constant pursuit of new insights. This book thus demonstrates how research develops and evolves when theory and practice are taken as mutually informing aspects of the researcher's work. In this sense, the volume is relevant to audiences primarily interested in practical aspects of mathematics education as well as to those whose primary interests lie in theoretical developments.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38790
- 2019-01-11A Journey in Mathematics Education Research Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb
- 2014-05-09A Journey in Mathematics Education Research: Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb [Repost]
- 2011-02-04A Journey in Mathematics Education Research: Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb [REPOST]
- 2010-12-31A Journey in Mathematics Education Research: Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb (repost)
- 2010-12-17A Journey in Mathematics Education Research: Insights from the Work of Paul Cobb (Mathematics Education Library)
- 2012-03-16Becoming a Mathematician: An international perspective (Mathematics Education Library) By Leigh N Wood (Author), Peter Petocz (Author), Anna Reid (Author)
- 2011-07-10Strategic Education Research Partnership
- 2018-11-25The Power of Reading Insights from the Research, 2nd Edition Insights from the Research
- 2018-11-15Understanding Higher Education Internationalization Insights from Key Global Publications
- 2018-11-15Advances in Mathematics Education Research on Proof and Proving An International Perspective (ICME-13 Monographs)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Oceans Past: Management Insights from the History of Marine Animal Populations (Earthscan Research Editions)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] New Mathematics Education Research and Practice
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Early Childhood Mathematics Education Research: Learning Trajectories for Young Children (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Topics in Statistical Simulation: Research Papers from the 7th International Workshop on Statistical Simulation (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Technology Transfer in International Business (A Research Book from the International Business Education and Research Program, University of Southern California)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Collaborative Mathematics and Statistics Research: Topics from the 9th Annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics) - Removed
- 2017-08-08Focus on Mathematics Education Research
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Social Cohesion in the Western World: What Holds Societies Together: Insights from the Social Cohesion Radar (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research) - Removed
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Insights from the Ordinary: A Therapist's Journey
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.