Posted on 2017-09-18, by nokia241186.
Peter Ward, Joe Kirschvink, "A New History of Life: The Radical New Discoveries about the Origins and Evolution of Life on Earth"
2015 | pages: 400 | ISBN: 160819907X | EPUB | 2,1 mb
Charles Darwin's theories, first published more than 150 years ago, still set the paradigm of how we understand the evolution of life-but scientific advances of recent decades have radically altered that understanding. In fact the currently accepted history of life on Earth is flawed and out of date. Now two pioneering scientists, one already an award-winning popular author, deliver an eye-opening narrative that synthesizes a generation's worth of insights from new research.
Writing with zest, humor, and clarity, Ward and Kirschvink show that many of our long-held beliefs about the history of life are wrong. Three central themes emerge from the narrative. First, the development of life was not a stately, gradual process: Catastrophe, argue Ward and Kirschvink, shaped life's history more than all other forces combined-from notorious events like the sudden extinction of dinosaurs to recently discovered ones like "Snowball Earth" and the "Great Oxygenation Event." One startling possibility: that life arrived on Earth from Mars. Second, life consists of carbon, but three other molecules have determined how it evolved: oxygen, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen sulfide are carbon's silent partners. Third, ever since Darwin we have thought of evolution in terms of species. Yet it is the evolution of ecosystems-from deep-ocean vents to rainforests-that has formed the living world as we know it.
Drawing on their years of experience in paleontology, biology, chemistry, and astrobiology, Ward and Kirschvink tell a story of life on Earth that is at once too fabulous to imagine and too familiar to dismiss. And in a provocative coda, they assemble discoveries from the latest cutting-edge research to imagine how the history of life might unfold deep into the future.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 31956
- 2019-07-29!(Review) - Why You Should Read A New History of Life: The Radical New Discoveries about the Origins and Evolution of Life on Earth by Peter D. Ward Online or Download [PDF EPUB MOBI]
- 2017-11-30[PDF] A New History of Life: The Radical New Discoveries about the Origins and Evolution of Life on Earth
- 2019-01-03Buddha and Einstein Walk Into a Bar How New Discoveries About Mind, Body, and Energy Can Help Increase Your Longevity
- 2018-07-08Buddha and Einstein Walk Into a Bar How New Discoveries About Mind, Body, and Energy Can Help Increase Your Longevity
- 2018-05-31Buddha and Einstein Walk into a Bar How New Discoveries About Mind, Body, and Energy Can Help Increase Your [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31An Anthropology of Puzzles The Role of Puzzles in the Origins and Evolution of Mind and Culture
- 2018-10-06Gene Kim - Beyond the Phoenix Project The Origins and Evolution of DevOps
- 2018-06-05From Wall Street to Bay Street The Origins and Evolution of American and Canadian Finance (Rotman-Utp Publishing)
- 2011-07-03At Europe's Service: The Origins and Evolution of the European People's Party
- 2010-04-18The Origins and Evolution of Islamic Law
- 2019-05-11The New Cambridge Modern History, Vol. 8: The American and French Revolutions, 1763-93
- 2014-04-08A Natural History of the New World: The Ecology and Evolution of Plants in the Americas (Repost)
- 2013-12-30Diffuse Low-Grade Gliomas in Adults: Natural History, Interaction with the Brain, and New Individualized Therapeutic Strategies
- 2013-01-10A Natural History of the New World: The Ecology and Evolution of Plants in the Americas (repost)
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2011-11-15A Natural History of the New World: The Ecology and Evolution of Plants in the Americas
- 2019-01-31PSIence How New Discoveries in Quantum Physics and New Science May Explain the Existence of Paran
- 2018-05-23Evolution: The History of Life on Earth by Russ Hodge
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Canon Revisited: Establishing the Origins and Authority of the New Testament Books
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.