Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
A Pragmatist Orientation for the Social Sciences in Climate Policy: How to Make Integrated Economic Assessments Serve Society by Martin Kowarsch
English | 2016 | ISBN: 3319432796 | 326 Pages | PDF | 12.5 MB
While economic and other social science expertise is indispensable for successful public policy-making regarding global climate change, social scientists face trade-offs between the scientific credibility, policy-relevance, and legitimacy of their policy advice.
While economic and other social science expertise is indispensable for successful public policy-making regarding global climate change, social scientists face trade-offs between the scientific credibility, policy-relevance, and legitimacy of their policy advice. From a philosophical perspective, this book systematically addresses these trade-offs and other crucial challenges facing the integrated economic assessments of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Based on John Dewey's pragmatist philosophy and an analysis of the value-laden nature and reliability of climate change economics, the book develops a refined science-policy model and specific guidelines for these assessments of climate policy options. The core idea is to scientifically explore the various practical implications of alternative climate policy pathways in an interdisciplinary manner, together with diverse stakeholders. This could facilitate an iterative, deliberative public learning process concerning disputed policy issues. This volume makes novel contributions to three strands of the literature: (1) the philosophy of (social) science in policy; (2) the philosophy of economics; and (3) debates about the design of scientific assessments, including the continuous IPCC reform debate. This work is thus interesting for philosophers and other scholars reflecting on the science-policy interface, but also for assessment practitioners, climate policy-makers, and economists. The science-policy approach developed in this volume has already influenced the recent socio-economic IPCC assessment.
- Ebooks list page : 31795
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-08-23Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2018-04-18Explaining Social Behavior More Nuts and Bolts for the Social Sciences
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Qualitative Research Methods for the Social Sciences (4th Edition)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences Pearson New International Edition
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Applied Multivariate Statistics for the Social Sciences, Fifth Edition
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Measurement for the Social Sciences: The C-OAR-SE Method and Why It Must Replace Psychometrics
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Qualitative Inquiry in Evaluation: From Theory to Practice (Research Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Evaluation Theory, Models, and Applications (Research Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Asking Questions: The Definitive Guide to Questionnaire Design For Market Research, Political Polls, and Social and Health Questionnaires (Research Methods for the Social Sciences)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Bayesian Analysis for the Social Sciences
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Explaining Social Behavior: More Nuts and Bolts for the Social Sciences
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Data Mining for the Social Sciences: An Introduction
- 2017-11-15[PDF] From Numbers to Words: Reporting Statistical Results for the Social Sciences
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Intelligence: A Unifying Construct for the Social Sciences
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Text Analysis for the Social Sciences: Methods for Drawing Statistical Inferences From Texts and Transcripts (Routledge Communication Series)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Handbook of Survey Methodology for the Social Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.