Posted on 2017-07-17, by everest555.
Thomas E. Wartenberg, "A Sneetch is a Sneetch and Other Philosophical Discoveries: Finding Wisdom in Children's Literature"
2013 | ISBN: 0470656786, 0470656832 | English | 176 Pages | PDF | 3.55 MB
Taking Picture Books Seriously: What can we learn about philosophy through children's books?
This warm and charming volume casts a spell on adult readers as it unveils the surprisingly profound philosophical wisdom contained in children's picture books, from Dr Seuss's Sneetches to William Steig's Shrek!. With a light touch and good humor, Wartenberg discusses the philosophical ideas in these classic stories, and provides parents with a practical starting point for discussing philosophical issues with their children. Accessible and multi-layered, it answers questions like, Is it okay for adults to deceive kids? What's the difference between saying the Mona Lisa is a great painting and vanilla is your favorite flavor? Each chapter includes illustrations commissioned especially for this book.
- Ebooks list page : 31791
- 2017-07-18A Sneetch Is A Sneetch And Other Philosophical Discoveries Finding Wisdom In Children's Literature
- 2013-08-31A Sneetch is a Sneetch and Other Philosophical Discoveries: Finding Wisdom in Children's Literature
- 2012-03-22Practical Tortoise Raising: and Other Philosophical Essays
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2012-03-28Practical Tortoise Raising: and Other Philosophical Essays
- 2012-03-21Practical Tortoise Raising: and Other Philosophical Essays
- 2010-07-26Bernard Williams - Making Sense of Humanity: And Other Philosophical Papers 1982-1993
- 2010-03-15Five Thousand B.C. and Other Philosophical Fantasies
- 2009-03-26Did My Genes Make Me Do It?: And Other Philosophical Dilemmas
- 2009-01-13Controvert, or On the Lie, and Other Philosophical Dialogues
- 2016-12-27[PDF] Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights?: Fitness Myths, Training Truths, and Other Surprising Discoveries from the Science of Exercise
- 2009-05-10The Children Who Lived: Using Harry Potter and Other Fictional Characters to Help Grieving Children and Adolescents - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Children and Cultural Memory in Texts of Childhood (Children's Literature and Culture)
- 2009-03-27Booktalks, Bookwalks, and Read-Alouds: Promoting the Best New Children's Literature Across the Elementary Curriculum
- 2012-03-17Tommy Turner - Hit Em Hard. Ju-Jitsu and Other Methods of Defence Simplified
- 2012-01-01Hidden Markov and Other Models for Discrete- valued Time Series (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- 2011-11-02Derek and The Dominos Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
- 2011-10-27Weird Astronomy: Tales of Unusual, Bizarre, and Other Hard to Explain Observations
- 2011-09-16Hidden Markov and Other Models for Discrete- valued Time Series
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.