Posted on 2011-10-08. By anonymous.
Springer; 1 edition | February 28, 1997 | ISBN-10: 0792344405 | 176 pages | PDF | 3.01 MB
A Splintered Vision: An Investigation of U.S. Science and Mathematics Education is the US report on the curriculum analysis component of the Third International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) which was sponsored by the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA).
The report summarizes data from the TIMSS curriculum analysis and integrates it with teacher questionnaire data from the US, Japan, and Germany on science and mathematics topic coverage and instructional practices.
The authors of A Splintered Vision discuss and provide evidence of the unfocused nature of US mathematics and science curricular intentions, textbooks, and teacher practices. They offer the premise that producers of US textbooks and curriculum guides have attempted to answer calls for curricular reform by adding new content to already existing materials instead of devoting time to restructuring the materials. The authors also suggest that US teachers, inundated with a myriad of competing visions, are attempting to cover all the topics they confront in their resource documents and to meet all the instructional demands placed on them by those with a stake in education. In keeping with the `incremental assembly line' philosophy in American society, US teachers also tend to lean toward a piecemeal approach to education. The authors speculate on what such practices may mean for the mathematics and science achievement of US students.
The work is sure to spur discussion among educational researchers, policy makers, and others concerned about the future of mathematics and science education in the US.
- Ebooks list page : 14328
- 2011-10-08A Splintered Vision: An Investigation of U.S. Science and Mathematics Education
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Computational Modeling of Vision: The Role of Combination (Optical Science and Engineering)
- 2011-08-06Computational Modeling of Vision: The Role of Combination (Optical Science and Engineering)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Vision: A Computational Investigation into the Human Representation and Processing of Visual Information
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Normal Binocular Vision: Theory, Investigation and Practical Aspects
- 2010-09-02Vision: A Computational Investigation into the Human Representation and Processing of Visual Information
- 2019-11-24Computer Vision Methods for Fast Image Classiﬁcation and Retrieval (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- 2019-11-22Learn Computer Vision Using OpenCV: With Deep Learning CNNs and RNNs
- 2019-01-15Stubborn Attachments A Vision for a Society of Free, Prosperous, and Responsible Individuals
- 2019-01-15Inference on the Low Level An Investigation into Deduction, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, and the Philo - Removed
- 2019-01-11Stubborn Attachments A Vision for a Society of Free, Prosperous, and Responsible Individuals
- 2019-01-10Inference on the Low Level An Investigation into Deduction, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, and the Philo
- 2019-01-06Stubborn Attachments A Vision for a Society of Free, Prosperous, and Responsible Individuals
- 2019-01-03A Life of Crime My Career in Forensic Science (International Forensic Science and Investigation)
- 2018-12-20Inference on the Low Level An Investigation into Deduction, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, and the Philo...
- 2018-11-09A Vision of American Law Judging Law, Literature, and the Stories We Tell
- 2018-09-08The Vision of the Priestly Narrative Its Genre and Hermeneutics of Time
- 2018-08-01Theory of Everything An Integral Vision for Business, Politics, Science and Spirituality [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-03Mind-Body Unity A New Vision for Mind-Body Science and Medicine
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.