Author: David M. Bourg and Glenn Seemann
Tag: Game Development
Posted on 2007-06-22. By anonymous.
- Author: David M. Bourg and Glenn Seemann
Advances in 3D visualization and physics-based simulation technology make it possible for game developers to create compelling, visually immersive gaming environments that were only dreamed of years ago. But todays game players have grown in sophistication along with the games they play. Its no longer enough to wow your players with dazzling graphics; the next step in creating even more immersive games is improved artificial intelligence, or AI. Fortunately, advanced AI game techniques are within the grasp of every game developer ¡ª not just those who dedicate their careers to AI. If youre new to game programming or if youre an experienced game programmer who needs to get up to speed quickly on AI techniques, youll find AI for Game Developers to be the perfect starting point for understanding and applying AI techniques to your games.
Written for the novice AI programmer, AI for Game Developers introduces you to techniques such as finite state machines, fuzzy logic, neural networks, and many others, in straightforward, easy-to-understand language, supported with code samples throughout the entire book (written in C/C++). From basic techniques such as chasing and evading, pattern movement, and flocking to genetic algorithms, the book presents a mix of deterministic (traditional) and non-deterministic (newer) AI techniques aimed squarely at beginners AI developers. Other topics covered in the book include: Potential function based movements: a technique that handles chasing, evading swarming, and collision avoidance simultaneously; Basic pathfinding and waypoints, including an entire chapter devoted to the A* pathfinding algorithm; AI scripting; Rule-based AI: learn about variants other than fuzzy logic and finite state machines; Basic probability; Bayesian techniques.
Unlike other books on the subject, AI for Game Developers doesnt attempt to cover every aspect of game AI, but to provide you with usable, advanced techniques you can apply to your games right now. If youve wanted to use AI to extend the play-life of your games, make them more challenging, and most importantly, make them more fun, then this book is for you.
- Ebooks list page : 807
- 2012-04-22Debugging Strategies For .NET Developers by Darin Dillon [REPOST]
- 2018-12-13Pixel Art for Game Developers
- 2018-12-10Data Structures and Design Patterns for Game Developers
- 2018-10-06Data Structures and Design Patterns for Game Developers
- 2018-09-21Data Structures and Design Patterns for Game Developers
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Data Structures and Algorithms for Game Developers
- 2018-01-30[PDF] AI for Game Developers
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Software Engineering for Game Developers (Software Engineering Series)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] AI for Game Developers
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Gameinstitute.com - C Programming for Game Developers
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Protecting Games: A Security Handbook for Game Developers and Publishers
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Physics for Game Developers: Science, math, and code for realistic effects
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Beginning Math Concepts for Game Developers (Applied Mathematics)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Pixel Art for Game Developers
- 2017-10-12[PDF] AI for Game Developers (O'Reilly Media, 2004)
- 2017-09-21Introduction to HTML5 for Game Developers
- 2017-06-29Introduction To Html5 For Game Developers
- 2017-05-15Introduction To Html5 For Game Developers
- 2017-02-08Software Engineering for Game Developers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.