Posted on 2019-01-10, updated at 2019-01-15, by voska89.
Jennifer Traig, "Act Natural: A Cultural History of Misadventures in Parenting"
ISBN: 0062469800 | 2019 | EPUB | 352 pages | 5 MB
From a distinctive, inimitable voice, a wickedly funny and fascinating romp through the strange and often contradictory history of Western parenting
Why do we read our kids fairy tales about homicidal stepparents? How did helicopter parenting develop if it used to be perfectly socially acceptable to abandon your children? Why do we encourage our babies to crawl if crawling won't help them learn to walk?
These are just some of the questions that came to Jennifer Traig when-exhausted, frazzled, and at sea after the birth of her two children-she began to interrogate the traditional parenting advice she'd been conditioned to accept at face value. The result is Act Natural, hilarious and deft dissection of the history of Western parenting, written with the signature biting wit and deep insights Traig has become known for.
Moving from ancient Rome to Puritan New England to the Dr. Spock craze of mid-century America, Traig cheerfully explores historic and present-day parenting techniques ranging from the misguided, to the nonsensical, to the truly horrifying. Be it childbirth, breastfeeding, or the ways in which we teach children how to sleep, walk, eat, and talk, she leaves no stone unturned in her quest for answers: Have our techniques actually evolved into something better? Or are we still just scrambling in the dark?
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38521
- 2019-01-15Act Natural A Cultural History of Misadventures in Parenting
- 2019-01-15Act Natural A Cultural History of Misadventures in Parenting [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-10Act Natural A Cultural History of Misadventures in Parenting [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-05Totara A Natural and Cultural History
- 2018-05-13Mushrooms A Natural and Cultural History
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Gathering Moss: A Natural and Cultural History of Mosses
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Rain: A Natural and Cultural History
- 2019-09-28Understanding Japan: A Cultural History [pdf]
- 2019-08-26The Chicago River A Natural and Unnatural History, Revised Edition
- 2019-08-24Natasha's Dance A Cultural History of Russia
- 2019-07-26@(Good) - Why You Should Read The Meaning of the Library: A Cultural History by Alice Crawford Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-07-11The Simpsons A Cultural History (The Cultural History of Television)
- 2019-07-10Cheers A Cultural History (The Cultural History of Television)
- 2019-07-08@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read The Edge of the World: A Cultural History of the North Sea and the Transformation of Europe by Michael Pye Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI]
- 2019-06-30Genius, Power and Magic A Cultural History of Germany from Goethe to Wagner
- 2019-03-12First Taste of Freedom A Cultural History of Bicycle Marketing in the United States
- 2019-03-05First Taste of Freedom A Cultural History of Bicycle Marketing in the United States
- 2019-02-01War in the Hellenistic World A Social and Cultural History
- 2019-01-26Understanding Russia A Cultural History - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.