Posted on 2017-09-18, by nokia241186.
Afro-Politics and Civil Society in Salvador Da Bahia, Brazil
by Kwame Dixon
English | 2016 | ISBN: 0813062616 | 189 Pages | PDF | 13 MB
Brazil's black population, one of the oldest and largest in the Americas, mobilized a vibrant antiracism movement from grassroots origins when the country transitioned from dictatorship to democracy in the 1980s. Campaigning for political equality after centuries of deeply engrained racial hierarchies, African-descended groups have been working to unlock democratic spaces that were previously closed to them.
Using the city of Salvador as a case study, Kwame Dixon tracks the emergence of black civil society groups and their political projects: claiming new citizenship rights, testing new anti-discrimination and affirmative action measures, reclaiming rural and urban land, and increasing political representation. This book is one of the first to explore how Afro-Brazilians have influenced politics and democratic institutions in the contemporary period.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 31957
- 2011-12-29Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2011-09-07Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Bangladesh: Politics, Economy and Civil Society
- 2014-03-26Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza: Engaging the Islamist Social Sector (Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics)
- 2010-08-14Usman A. Tar - The Politics of Neoliberal Democracy in Africa: State and Civil Society in Nigeria - Removed
- 2019-02-17Social Enterprise: At the Crossroads of Market, Public Policies and Civil Society (Routledge Studies in the Management of Voluntary and Non-Profit Organizations)
- 2019-01-14Transitional Justice and Civil Society in the Balkans
- 2019-01-10Transitional Justice and Civil Society in the Balkans
- 2018-11-15Social Policy, Welfare State, and Civil Society in Sweden, Volume I
- 2018-10-31Bootstrapping democracy transforming local governance and civil society in Brazil
- 2018-06-27Assisting the Invisible Hand Contested Relations Between Market, State and Civil Society
- 2018-06-05Socially Engaged Art after Socialism Art and Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Political Development in Hong Kong: State, Political Society, and Civil Society
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Challenge Social Innovation: Potentials for Business, Social Entrepreneurship, Welfare and Civil Society
- 2018-01-09[PDF] State Phobia and Civil Society: The Political Legacy of Michel Foucault
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Perspectives on Volunteering: Voices from the South (Nonprofit and Civil Society Studies)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Internet in China: Cyberspace and Civil Society (Routledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Policy Initiatives Towards the Third Sector in International Perspective (Nonprofit and Civil Society Studies)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] International Politics and Civil Rights Policies in the United States, 1941-1960
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.